Greenie
May 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro, Fisher Goldbug
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Brass Bridal Rosette of the King's American Dragoons

Was very fortunate to find my first Rev War artifact here in Nova Scotia Canada, obviously from the loosing side [emoji3]. It is a Brass Bridal Rosette from the King's American Dragoons, a Loyalist Calvary corp that formed in New York, 1781-82. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1436834112.148146.jpg

Upvote 0

ColonialDude

Jul 5, 2004
Canada
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was very fortunate to find my first Rev War artifact here in Nova Scotia Canada, obviously from the loosing side [emoji3]. It is a Brass Bridal Rosette from the King's American Dragoons, a Loyalist Calvary corp that formed in New York, 1781-82. View attachment 1187111

Nice find. Can you post a pic of the back? Whats the measurements?

Thanks

OP
OP
tony2163

tony2163

Greenie
May 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice find. Can you post a pic of the back? Whats the measurements?

Thanks

Sure can, here is the picture of the back with the iron post:
KAD Back.jpg

The diameter is 26.5mm/1.24 inches
Weight is 6.37 grams/ .225 ounces.

Cheers
Tony

ColonialDude

Jul 5, 2004
Canada
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find and thanks for the additional pic and info. I would have thought that came off a musket? I've found a couple of their buttons. I'd be hitting that site again!

OP
OP
tony2163

tony2163

Greenie
May 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice find and thanks for the additional pic and info. I would have thought that came off a musket? I've found a couple of their buttons. I'd be hitting that site again!

I thought it was a button at first, but Romeo-1 said he found the same one a few years back, some call it a hat badge, others a rosette, whatever it is, it's a great find. Myself and Romeo-1 have been back a few times, nothing left in that field except old iron :laughing7: I also managed to pull out this little beauty..
Royal Fusiliers.jpg

Cheers
Tony

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
WHAT A HECK OF A FIND YOU LUCKY BUT WHAT IS IT , AND U SAY ROMEO , ROMEO WHY WOULD SOMEONE PICK ROMEO CAUSE I WOULD MAN KNOWS HIS STUFF AND WHAT A NEAT FIND. NO DISRESPECT TO EITHER MEMBER ...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions