Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Brass Buckle, & a Bullet...

Hello all,,,
The temperature almost reached 40 degrees today so I went out for about an hour. No silver for 2007 yet, but I managed my second buckle. It's made of brass and measures 2-3/16" x 1-5/16". Also found another live cartridge. These things scare the crap out of me, carring them around. It looks to be a .44 cal, but the bottom reads, "PCCO/18". You can't tell from the pic, I guess my lighting was low, but the bullet itself looks almost like silver, very shinny... Not sure what it's made of? Clad count was only 24 cents, about my usual... ;D
BuckleBullet.jpg

Had a good time getting back out and I guess that's what it's all about...
Hope ya all have had the chance to get out and have had some luck...
Have a great day, Leon...

Upvote 0

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Brass Buckle, & a Bullet...

Look at that great bullet! ;D Glad you got to go out and play, Leon.. :)

GREAT finds!

Nana :)

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70

Great digs! I haven't found any silver yet either, but the only way to remedy that is to keep on diggin'!
Sean

Jeff G

Nov 5, 2006
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic II

PCCO--Peters Cartridge company 1942-1944 45 Cal. or 30 Carbine only. Obviously, 45 Caliber...

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH

Good stuff. No need to worry about the bullet....unless you drop it...JKing! ;D You would have to really have to hit it with a lot of force to make them go off.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800

Nice Leon,

Love that style on that buckle.

HH Jer

privet12

Oct 31, 2005
Mena Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT

Its a 45 auto cartridge for either a 45 automatic pistol or maybe a Thompson submachine gun both were world war II weapons.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Way to go Hoosier! Great buckle.
-MM-

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I found a buckle just like that in a Civil War camp. My relic books calls it a Louisiana Buckle. Tsgman

Charlene

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
SE, Virginia
Detector(s) used
MineLab Excal II & Bounty Hunter Land Star

Digg'em easy, those live rounds make me nervous too, especially when I reflect my Jab, stab method of getting it out of there.
Nice buckle, really sweet.

OP
OP
Leon

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d

Sorry about the post, & run last night... I received a phone call while making the post and had to run. Thanks for all the great replies... That's one of the things I love about this forum, it turns all my little insignificant finds into real treasures.

NORTHEAST HUNTER, I do feel for ya,,, I just recently have been able to get back out myself... Hope your able to get out soon.

Jeff G, Merage, privet12, Thanks for the great info on the bullet. I always forget about the .45's and the 9mm's. When I see a big bullet, I usually think "44 mag"... I wonder who put that in my head. ??? ;D

tsgman, That's pretty cool... Would the buckle be considered a civil war relic, or were they just from that era?

Nana, I should have know you would like the bullet... ;D

Charlene, I know exactally what you mean about that dig'n style. Sounds about like the way I do it too often... I took another picture of the bullet. I wanted you to see where I hit it with my knife. Sure hope i don't hit the other end of one of these things someday... I was also hoping to show the actual color of the bullet itself. Not sure what my camera is doing, but when looking at in in person, it's as shinny as silver. ???
Buttet1.jpg

Again, Thanks to all for the great replies...
Good luck, & Happy hunting~

Salvager

Sep 4, 2006
Queensland, Australia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov. Elite / Explorer II

Awesome bullet there! Looks even nicer zoomed in!
Also nice buckle!

Have fun,
Salvager

Jeff G

Nov 5, 2006
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic II

Leon said:
Sorry about the post, & run last night... I received a phone call while making the post and had to run. Thanks for all the great replies... That's one of the things I love about this forum, it turns all my little insignificant finds into real treasures.

NORTHEAST HUNTER, I do feel for ya,,, I just recently have been able to get back out myself... Hope your able to get out soon.

Jeff G, Merage, privet12, Thanks for the great info on the bullet. I always forget about the .45's and the 9mm's. When I see a big bullet, I usually think "44 mag"... I wonder who put that in my head. ??? ;D

tsgman, That's pretty cool... Would the buckle be considered a civil war relic, or were they just from that era?

Nana, I should have know you would like the bullet... ;D

Charlene, I know exactally what you mean about that dig'n style. Sounds about like the way I do it too often... I took another picture of the bullet. I wanted you to see where I hit it with my knife. Sure hope i don't hit the other end of one of these things someday... I was also hoping to show the actual color of the bullet itself. Not sure what my camera is doing, but when looking at in in person, it's as shinny as silver. ???

Again, Thanks to all for the great replies...
Good luck, & Happy hunting~

You would have to hit the primer just right with a sharp hit for it to fire. It also wouldn't be as deadly as you think without a barrel to focus the energy. There would be some shrapnel and you could get hurt, but it would be a fluke if it was really bad or fatal.

bogeymcq

Dec 3, 2006
Southern Maryland
Detector(s) used
Presently mental, not metal

;D Great finds! ;D

I really really like the buckle! ;D

The bullet :o wow! a live round too . .whoa :o Curious to how it got there & what else may be left behind!!

Bogart :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread