Brass Castings

Tdog

Silver Member
May 30, 2019
East Central Alabama
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Three brass castings by Pointless--good job friend and thanks to Mike for sending me these castings. Great study pieces. I'll use the finders old Arrowheadology Userids as well. It's about to rain here so blame overcast skies for the lighting.

The 1st is a Nevada Clovis found by Floyd aka arrow719 and is said to have been damaged and repaired in ancient times, 2nd is a Nebraska Clovis found by Mike aka Questor & 3rd is an Iowa Folsom also found by Mike.

DSCN1867.JPG
DSCN1870.JPG

Upvote 0

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s unreal there made from brass .... he definitely did a heck of a job I imagine it takes a lot of skill to create them with exact details .... really neat

Gambrinus

Dec 25, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nicely done, I really like the patina he used. Are those lost wax castings?

OP
OP
Tdog

Tdog

Silver Member
May 30, 2019
East Central Alabama
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Put up some pics here of y'all's casts if anyone would like.

Last edited:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow those are really cool good job on . those

GB Paleo

Feb 10, 2017
Out West in the Great Basin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In addition to his casting handiwork is his craftmanship in custom knives. Here are some of the different kinds he makes. The large group are Spiderco folding knives with engraved overlays whereas the other 3 knives have Damascus blades with custom handles. Both white handled knives are made with Wooly Mammoth Ivory

Attachments

• Spiderco Knives.jpg
    Spiderco Knives.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 38
  • knoives.jpg
    knoives.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 35
  • Custom knives.jpg
    Custom knives.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 37
OP
OP
Tdog

Tdog

Silver Member
May 30, 2019
East Central Alabama
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
In addition to his casting handiwork is his craftmanship in custom knives. Here are some of the different kinds he makes. The large group are Spiderco folding knives with engraved overlays whereas the other 3 knives have Damascus blades with custom handles. Both white handled knives are made with Wooly Mammoth Ivory

He's quite the craftsman indeed!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread