What's new

Brass cone?

Linney13

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2020
Messages
35
Reaction score
145
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this metal detecting and saved it because it appears to be decorative. It has some weight and is almost cone shaped. It has two rings around the base. Does anyone know what this is?
 

Attachments

  • C3616A72-92AC-4BE5-87F2-4E41CB14593E.webp
    C3616A72-92AC-4BE5-87F2-4E41CB14593E.webp
    368.3 KB · Views: 82
  • D48A85EB-F9BB-483B-A1FB-85D0B7056906.webp
    D48A85EB-F9BB-483B-A1FB-85D0B7056906.webp
    417.3 KB · Views: 70
  • 4639C292-6193-4066-9146-B30F2668C097.webp
    4639C292-6193-4066-9146-B30F2668C097.webp
    638.1 KB · Views: 74
  • 995F7BB5-D4AD-4E70-8793-450799DADBF7.webp
    995F7BB5-D4AD-4E70-8793-450799DADBF7.webp
    634 KB · Views: 81
Upvote 0
I agree with Tony, ladies fancy parasol or umbrella tip. :thumbsup:

Nice looking find too,
Dave
 

Attachments

  • 2bfc34ed8fdfe9ad1ec531355c7044d8.webp
    2bfc34ed8fdfe9ad1ec531355c7044d8.webp
    106.3 KB · Views: 71
Upvote 0
Very cool! Thanks for the help everyone.
 
Upvote 0
Good ID beat me to it !!!
 
Upvote 0
Welcome to tnet
 
Upvote 0
Possibly a tussie mussie. I’m no expert but it’s similar to other posts I’ve seen on here that were identified as such.
 
Upvote 0
This piece looks similar to a Pattern of 1853 Enfield bayonet scabbard tip but I don't see any holes in this where it would have been attached to the leather with small brass rivets. Are there any remnants of leather inside of it?

Steve
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom