What's new

brass floral item

kyphote

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2010
Messages
585
Reaction score
52
Golden Thread
0
Location
Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, GPX 4800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This could be a longshot, but here's an item I found within a 10 foot radius of two Confederate buttons and a minie. Found some Colonial stuff in the area, as well. It's thin brass and began as a hunk of nothing until taking a long bath in lemon solution. Note that it was folded along that break and I made the mistake of unfolding it. Thanks as always. :icon_sunny:
 

Attachments

  • floral 015.webp
    floral 015.webp
    14.7 KB · Views: 224
Front half of a small broach or dress clasp. :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
can we see a pic of the back?

Also, if you can get a better pic of the front it would help.

Don't take pics on a white background and use the MACRO setting on your camera.

I was going to guess ladies dress buckle... but I always guess that...

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
DCMatt said:
can we see a pic of the back?

Also, if you can get a better pic of the front it would help.

Don't take pics on a white background and use the MACRO setting on your camera.

I was going to guess ladies dress buckle... but I always guess that...

DCMatt

The previous was shot MARCO but may not look it because the nickel's washed out. This was a result of corrections in Photoshop. Here's a second stab on a blue background, scale retained, shot MARCO and optimized. Hope this is better. I agree the blue sets it off. Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • floral_reshot2.webp
    floral_reshot2.webp
    26.9 KB · Views: 195
Upvote 0
72cheyenne said:
Front half of a small broach or dress clasp. :dontknow:
Hard to tell because its damaged but it looks like a ladies dress buckle often called a butterfly buckle because thats what it looks like the 2 together. :dontknow:
 

Attachments

  • buckle victorian era crop.webp
    buckle victorian era crop.webp
    15.2 KB · Views: 193
  • buckle victorian era.webp
    buckle victorian era.webp
    18.3 KB · Views: 189
  • buckle victorian era crop.webp
    buckle victorian era crop.webp
    15.2 KB · Views: 192
Upvote 0
I like the dress clasp ID and will mark this as solved. Thanks all!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom