What's new

Brass gun barrell

beepbeepin

Full Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2012
Messages
130
Reaction score
100
Golden Thread
0
Location
Schenevus, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Hello all, I found this last year under a very large maple tree that sat next too a 1812 farmhouse in central New York.

I know nothing about guns. I was wondering if this might of been made by a local blacksmith or a common gun made back then.

It's octagon shaped

Very faded but there appears to be circle marking where the toothpick is pointing

Anybody a gun expert?




image-2431311866.webp



image-271168861.webp



image-1673397266.webp
 
Yep,Boot or Muff Pistol barrel,fairly common pre 1860,and not hand made
 
Upvote 0
That is one cool find! I've dug one small gun similar to that but mine is not really displayable because it was made from iron and is badly rusted. I found it in Centreville Va. near Manassas. Congratulations.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom