What's new

Brass Knife?

texan connection

Silver Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2006
Messages
4,565
Reaction score
79
Golden Thread
0
Location
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Not dug but Kinda odd, Ive never seen a Brass blade on a Knife B-4, has any one ever heard of this or why? It appears to be Hand made to me. Even the spring is Brass.
would love to find out more about it.
 

Attachments

  • DSCN2097.webp
    DSCN2097.webp
    37.9 KB · Views: 939
  • DSCN2098.webp
    DSCN2098.webp
    37.2 KB · Views: 882
Looks Spanish with the back ground pic,,, LOL
 
Upvote 0
If it is old it hasn't been handled much at all, but probably wouldn't with a Brass Blade, Its delicate but not cheap, the end caps are solid with the side pieces. Brass pins also, No markings, But file Marks.
 
Upvote 0
Iim thinking its a --- fruit lovers "pocket knife"for cutting up acidic citrus fruits *--it brass because -- iron blades would react with the citrus fruits acidic juices , both tainting the taste and rusting as well.

is it for sale or trade ?
 
Upvote 0
I'm thinking because of the narrow blade that it could be a custom letter opener? Tony
 
Upvote 0
ivan salis said:
Iim thinking its a --- fruit lovers "pocket knife"for cutting up acidic citrus fruits *--it brass because -- iron blades would react with the citrus fruits acidic juices , both tainting the taste and rusting as well.

is it for sale or trade ?

Think Ill keep it awhile. Got it on a knife site. I was thinking a fruit knife also, i Love collecting silver fruit knives. Never seen this one this style though. It would be a bad ass design in coin silver.
 
Upvote 0
Cool knife! Here is one like it that sold on eBay. Item # 150576662458

There must be a story with these.

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
Very Cool Looks to be the same other thank the decorative markings. Where did you find yours? Mine I got on a knife site, called AAPK (all about pocket knives) .
 
Upvote 0
TEXAN Connection said:
Very Cool Looks to be the same other thank the decorative markings. Where did you find yours? Mine I got on a knife site, called AAPK (all about pocket knives) .

It is not my knife. I just Googled "Brass Blade knife" and found the pic on eBay.

I also searched a little to find a compelling reason to put a brass blade on a pocket knife. I didn't find anything. Seems like a poor choice of metal for a blade. I can't imagine it holding an edge for very long - unless it is a fruit knife or letter opener as stated in the previous postings.

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
Nice! I have one allmost just like it. My dad bought it for me in Thailand in the late 60's. I need to find it now!
 
Upvote 0
DFXScout said:
Nice! I have one allmost just like it. My dad bought it for me in Thailand in the late 60's. I need to find it now!

Love to see a picture of it.
 
Upvote 0
are ya sure its not a collectors knife with a gold plated blade?

have you tried putting a magnet to the blade?
 
Upvote 0
Did ya find it at the Alamo?

Or, is that just a pic? :laughing9:
 
Upvote 0
LOL maybe Crocket's pocket Knife! Naw,,,, It just makes a good background pic.
 
Upvote 0
I don't know the history of the knife, but I know enough about brass to know you can't harden it to make a spring out of it. Perhaps a brass-colored alloy? Beryllium Copper or something? Non-magnetic and at one point used by the military for knives.
 
Upvote 0
Knife from Thailand

The knife you show is a 2.5 inch pocket knife manufactured in Thailand circa 1968. I'm not sure what metal it's made from altho my knives still have a very nice edge. I have 2 of the type you show and one that is 3.25 inch and various others with different plastic or wood grips all from Thailand bought when I father was stationed there in the Air Force. I estimate their value at appx. $20 US.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom