What's new

Brass(?) necklace

Fast_Dave

Full Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2003
Messages
215
Reaction score
7
Golden Thread
0
Location
Superior, WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer, White's 6000, Fisher Aquanaut
A friend at work found this necklace. She's looking for any information on it's age or possible use. She says the metal appears to be brass and the green areas are paint or enamel. The pendant attaches to the single ornament, which attaches to the chain itself. The only marking on it is the word FRANCE as shown. I figured the best shot of getting any clues would be to post the pics here. Thanks for looking!

I should mention that the stones are actually more purple than red as they appear.
 

Attachments

  • necklace.webp
    necklace.webp
    11.7 KB · Views: 308
  • Necklace1.webp
    Necklace1.webp
    16.6 KB · Views: 305
  • necklace3.webp
    necklace3.webp
    29.8 KB · Views: 298
Enamel on brass portrait necklaces were popular at the beginning of the 1900's

As for its possible use.....I am pretty sure it was used as a necklace :)
 
Upvote 0
Whats up with the franklin mint comment?
I look forward to see future posts on this as I think this may be a nice pricey find
Brady
 
Upvote 0
Its a beautiful necklace and I hope your friend is able to find out more about it....I was just goofing about the use as you asked... :D
 
Upvote 0
Hmm appears to be a gold wash on silver. The painting should be on porcelain (poor quality and may not have been original to the item.) It could be on copper also: plates cut with a press: The rings of twisted wire were applied later and the enamel or stones (can not tell from the photos of the green) then done then the stones set. I can not see if the jump rings (rings in between each link) are soldered or not. Interesting item.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom