What's new

brass of fire-starters

kacuro

Greenie
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
12
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
XP Gmaxx2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Colleagues,
I´m detectorman from the Czech Republic. I'm interested in brass handle of fire-starters (see photo) and working on a professional study on this topic. This fire-starters are found throughout Central and Eastern Europe. In the Czech Republic already I know about more than 500 findings. I wonder if these fire-starters are also found in France and what types. I would ask you to send photos of your findings fire-starters. My mail is kacuro@seznam.cz. Thanks.

Best regard
kacuro

 
Last edited:
detail of fire-starter with handle. nobody knows?

 
Have not seen brass handles. Occasional decorative but all steel\iron. Often file material. C shaped or U shaped. Sure like your pictures. Not saying they were not imported to here.
 
IMG_20120608_152051.webp 4inchesx1 1/2 inches. Reverse side makers mark IH. (Iron Hand). Striker seated on top of tinder box with burning lens and cover. Makers mark TDC (Ted Cash). Est. Ages 30 yrs tops?.
 
Last edited:
Hello colleagues,
I am sending a link to the first public version of my study of the handle of fire-starters (unfortunately, so far only in Czech). The study is available for download here in PDF format: Ond. My research regarding documentation other findings continues.

Ondrej Cernohorsky
alias kacuro
 
releventchair: thanks, but I am interested only fire-starters wit handle
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom