What's new

✅ SOLVED Brass piece with a strange handle

snaps

Sr. Member
Joined
May 6, 2009
Messages
460
Reaction score
564
Golden Thread
0
Location
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Goldmaxx, Compass GSP, Garrett Infinium
Hey Guys,
Looks like the plough kissed it- it’s roughly an inch an a half around, had a lip in front where I’d suppose held something in there. Has a textured finish in front, and an impressively dainty handle on back.very thin brass. Thanks for your time
Snaps
 

Attachments

  • B9266BD0-B4A5-4A58-896B-B0E7FD90E3F8.webp
    B9266BD0-B4A5-4A58-896B-B0E7FD90E3F8.webp
    648.5 KB · Views: 117
  • 0 bytes · Views: 0
  • 405A4E52-9213-4B78-B131-B7359A4199D3.webp
    405A4E52-9213-4B78-B131-B7359A4199D3.webp
    971 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Hey Guys,
Looks like the plough kissed it- it’s roughly an inch an a half around, had a lip in front where I’d suppose held something in there. Has a textured finish in front, and an impressively dainty handle on back.very thin brass. Thanks for your time
Snaps
 
Upvote 0
Pic of the front didn’t go, trying again
6180FB47-4F8F-44B4-A496-D9768DC4CC65.webp
 
Upvote 0
Looks like the back of a horse bridle rosette.
 

Attachments

  • OIP.azqhCa9wahOEUEAdReLUbgHaFj.webp
    OIP.azqhCa9wahOEUEAdReLUbgHaFj.webp
    22.6 KB · Views: 58
  • Unknown.webp
    Unknown.webp
    8 KB · Views: 45
Upvote 3
Hey Guys,
Looks like the plough kissed it- it’s roughly an inch an a half around, had a lip in front where I’d suppose held something in there. Has a textured finish in front, and an impressively dainty handle on back.very thin brass. Thanks for your time
Snaps

Looks like the back of a horse bridle rosette.
Looks like the back of a horse bridle rosette.
Ed, I think you got it. I was thinking it was too dainty for that, but I guess not. Thanks a bunch! Now to to re-figure out how to mark as solved!
 
Upvote 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom