What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Brass piece with threads/ribs

ncsuwolf

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2024
Messages
1,241
Reaction score
3,216
Golden Thread
0
Location
Near Richmond va
Need some help with this one….dug about a month ago, near Richmond at a house site dating from at least 1850s. It’s brass, fairly heavy, about the diameter of a penny. I can see things that remind me of a shotgun shell brass and the bottom of a light bulb…..but don’t think it’s either. It has had a run in with farm equipment in its life. Has the word “medium” (all caps) on the bottom. Can’t tell if the “rings” are threads or ribs. I’m at a loss. Any thoughts?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3569.webp
    IMG_3569.webp
    1 MB · Views: 115
  • IMG_3570.webp
    IMG_3570.webp
    530 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_3571.webp
    IMG_3571.webp
    504.9 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_3572.webp
    IMG_3572.webp
    551.2 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_3573.webp
    IMG_3573.webp
    495.9 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_3575.webp
    IMG_3575.webp
    631.9 KB · Views: 107
Kind of reminded me of a small version of a thermos cork.

Screen Shot 2025-01-05 at 2.14.45 PM.webp
 
Upvote 0
I've got something similar with "Avon Lite" on it. I think it's a lid to perfume or some other beauty product
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom