What's new

Brass trigger or pull?

Bharpring

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2016
Messages
1,451
Reaction score
5,902
Golden Thread
0
Location
Savannah, GA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus HF coils, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any ideas on this?

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1559050566.329011.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1559050579.840991.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1559050589.491577.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1559050599.125882.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1559050610.427751.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1559050620.643108.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1559050631.427556.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1559050653.295746.webp
 
Upvote 0
barn door latch part
2Q==
similar to this
$_3.JPG
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
It is a latch of sorts. The hole is not a finger pull. It's for a lock.
 
Upvote 0
As the others have mentioned, vintage brass cabinet or door latch plate. :thumbsup:

Dave
 

Attachments

  • 1700s-Iron-Door-Lock-Plate-And-Key-From-Thecuriousamerican.webp
    1700s-Iron-Door-Lock-Plate-And-Key-From-Thecuriousamerican.webp
    27.5 KB · Views: 94
Upvote 0
Did you find this near water ?

Looks like older boat hardware.
 
Upvote 0
Interesting find. Being brass I think maybe AARC might be on to something. Good luck with the ID.
 
Upvote 0
Did you find this near water ?

Looks like older boat hardware.

Yes, I dug it in Savannah, GA near water. I also dug another one of these that is encrusted in 4 horseshoes.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom