braved the cold and wind today and found ???

funkman

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2006
Middletown, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro & Ace 250
Like the title says, it was cold and windy but I went out anyway. Found 2 wheaties (1940 and 1946) and this item. Any ideas? At first I thought it was a soda bottle opener, but I am starting to think it was on a trunk. Okay PBK, time to get to work please. Lets see if anyone can beat him in id'ing this item. It says "COLONIAL" on it and has 3 small nail holes for attachment.

Thanks for the help and for viewing my lastest find.

Funkman

Attachments

• IMG_1411.JPG
    IMG_1411.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 706
OP
OP
funkman

funkman

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2006
Middletown, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro & Ace 250
just wanted to add that the middle section is indented. Also if any idea on age would be greatly appreciated

Funkman

Upvote 0

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Plate from a Colonial Radio dial? Doesn't look like the globe model has it, but I'm looking through other models now.

Upvote 0

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Is that hole intentional or it from damage?
There was another thread not long ago about an item that looked like this...but I am pretty sure it said "Majestic" and was a dial from a radio company in Utica....
Colonial was a radio made, but I cant seem to find a model that old that would support this...
There was also a Colonial Wood cookstove made.

Upvote 0

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Havin trouble finding the right model on the radio too...well, perhaps scratch that idea for now...

Upvote 0

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
With the small brad holes, it would be more as a design and somewhat functional. I was thinking of a latch (t-shaped on the other piece-somwhat like a latch on a womans purse) and may have been on a Colonial brand cedar chest or something of that nature. ???

Upvote 0
T

TreasureTales

How big is this thing? Actually there have been 2 relatively recend finds that were parts of oldtime floor model radios. This may be the third find of that type, but some additional details would help with the ID. Size? Material? Markings (other than what we can see in this one photo)?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
funkman

funkman

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2006
Middletown, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro & Ace 250
the dimensions are:
from the tip of the left scroll on top to the tip of the right scroll are 2 and 1/2 inches and it is 1 and 7/8 inches from the top to the bottom. The hole does look like it was made that way.
Look slike it was made of brass or heavy tin. Slightly flexible. The back looks like a mirror image of the front (it is stamped so the reverse is on back).

Thanks for the replies.

Funkman

Upvote 0
OP
OP
funkman

funkman

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2006
Middletown, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro & Ace 250
Eddekalb

thats what I thought at first but the metal is too flimsy I think. Would bend after a couple of bottles opened. Also the top indented section seems like it is bent already. Think the hole should be more oval shape and more uniform. Like I said, at first I thought that is what it was, like the ones on the old soda machines.

Thanks for the reply

Funkman

Upvote 0

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm thinking it's a nameplate that belonged on a piece of furniture such as a table or chair. Colonial is definitely the name of a company.

Nat

Upvote 0

Bluezman

Apr 2, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage
Hard to find the right model. Found out that they didn't make too many with their own name, because they were so busy with the production for Sears Silvertone.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread