Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been trying to get out swingin, but the weather and appointments have made it hard to do. Yesterday my afternoon appointment canceled so I had the time. The Eastern areas that are usually warmer were frozen solid by the zero weather so I tried closer to home. It was colder here than in the east, but we had a deep snow cover that kept the ground from freezing. The temp was 34, the ground was covered by 3 to 6 inches of snow that had not melted in the rain. The temperature was dropping fast and the wind was really howling. A couple of times it nearly blew me down. When I finished it was 26 degrees, but I managed to stick it out for 2 hours and found 20 coins with a face value of $1.78, a large and heavy machine made horseshoe, a HotWheels car, a Williams cleaner replica (second one I have found recently), a piece of a large Croatian bell and the usual extras, some tabs, 2 pieces of aluminum tie wires for chain link, some foil and can slaw.

FA4CFCB9-1E3A-43D9-AFE5-8D7DA83C71A3.jpeg E293EC1B-9BCF-4390-A002-F9B71BA1C601.jpeg

The weather was a pain and I didn’t find anything great, but an interesting hunt and a chance to get out swingin. This park is only about 20 years old, but I still find coins and relics that were here well before the park existed. I will detect anywhere I can get permission because you never know what will come out of the ground next. That’s what makes this hobby so much fun.

Thanks for looking and may your coil lead you to good things.

Upvote 10
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds, glad you got out! :occasion14:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,

I think you mean Crotal Bell.:thumbsup:

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
sometimes it is what it is, just getting out means a lot. still pretty cool finds

Inspector

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Finger Lakes Region, Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, w/6", Simplex+WHP, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Toltec, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
always nice to get out even though it may not be that nice when you get out there. that's some cool finds, don't think I ever saw a shoe with that much crust. Congrats on all the finds

Whyme

Silver Member
Aug 22, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Congrats! :icon_thumleft: Too bad you didn't find the whole crotal bell!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome hunt and some cool relics.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread