Breached!

Indianhead Jones

Jul 28, 2008
Revere, Massachusetts (5 Miles North of Boston)
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum/White's Eagle II
I found this Premier 6-Lever padlock on June 8, 1985 with my first metal detector, an old used Compass that I bought for $5.00 at a flea market. It remains one of my all-time favorite finds.

It was dug in Boston's Back Bay section, while detecting the banks of the Charles River, and as you can see, it was forced open. Does it have an interesting story to tell? I'll never know, but this find, with that old Compass, made me the treasure hunter I am today.

I was 34 years old at the time, and now at age 59, I'm still going strong, and still finding my share of the goodies that this hobby has to offer, thanks to my two trusty detectors, A Whites Eagle II, and a Whites Eagle Spectrum.

Happy hunting to all!

Larry G. :)

Attachments

• lock.jpg
    lock.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 758
Upvote 0

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good stuff.

On June 6, 1985, I still had about 2.5 months of baking left in my mother's stomach... heh heh ;D

21D5

Apr 30, 2011
Larry,

Nice find! What caught my attention though, is what you had written about your detectors. My first was a Compass I bought in the early '90's at a pawn shop for $20-$25. I found some nice things with that trusty detector, probably because I couldn't see a number telling me what the target was. I dug everything! When it died, I bought a used Eagle II. This was another great detector that I used until it also died. After that I bought a new XLT which has done very well for me over the years. I dig less and find less rings so I often think of the old Compass. Maybe I should dig everything again? Who knows what I would find if I didn't look at the number on the screen.

Tim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread