break in time for detector?

I do not believe there is a break-in time. I do believe you could be the one getting better after time with your machine. There are other factors, such as the soil condition. Wet soil is different from dry. Without more data I am only guessing. Could your first test have been with weak batteries?

thanx griz. actually i was testing the difference between some batteries that are almost to the end of their life vs new ones when i discovered this. the weaker ones were around 7.5 volts and there was no difference in depth between that and the new ones. so i put the old ones back in to see if it would get the greater depth in the test garden as well as both sets did in air and it did. maybe temp or humidity, just glad for the extra inch just didn't know if this was common

I'd think it may have been a slight difference in the machine configuration. You've got more experience using it now. Although, buried targets are easier to find after wet weather (or at least I've always thought so.)

EMI can reduce depth and you won't even notice it on many detectors. Soil conditions can affect depth also.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back