Breaking, but not yet verified

M.E.G.

Apr 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This email was past on from a fellow M.E.G.:

-ATTENTION OREGON MINERS!- I have just received some of the greatest news that I have ever heard. In a conversation with Josephine County Oath Keepers Coordinator Joseph Rice Josephine County Sheriff Daniels stated that he will not allow any county, state, or federal agency to enforce Oregon's dredging ban within his county.
In the past few months Sheriff Daniels has taken gigantic steps towards becoming the Constitutional Sheriff he promised to be. I ask the EVERYBODY shares this post to spread awareness and show appreciation. And please email Sheriff Daniels at [email protected] to thank him for standing up for our rights.
Danny Vanderschelden
Joco Oath Keepers PIO

Upvote 0

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stating it to a oathkeeper who relays is second hand info...now its third hand info. When will we hear it right out of the Sheriff's mouth?

Or see it proven with action. neither of these have happened yet so, what is there to spread? Rumors. Spreading rumors is not a virtue.

jere64ca

Jul 16, 2016
San Luis Obispo, CA.
Detector(s) used
GB Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is truly great news! Constitutional Sheriff are a great tool to combat all of the over regulation by the alphabet soup agencies. (BLM, EPA, USFS ect., ect.)
Sheriff Bennewies in Mariposa County kicked the FS LEO's out of the county, no more harassment!

More information please? Does a sheriff have the authority to disregard a state or county law? After all they are employed by the state.

It would be nice to get an official statement from Sheriff Daniels. Anyone have connections? I would hate to send dredgers to the slaughter.

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are elected -employed- by the people. Splitting hairs I suppose, but if they offend their employers, the electorate, they will soon be getting together a resume. Most of the sheriffs in Idaho are Constitutional Sheriffs. Some of them here have gone on record saying that they will arrest any Fed [FS,BLM, EPA,USF&W] that interferes with a mining operation.

OP
OP
M.E.G.

M.E.G.

Apr 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This email today from Dennis Dickson Mining Advisory Counsel Chairman:

We will have this on our agenda this Tuesday at 1:00 pm at Josephine County Board of Commissioners Mining Advisory Committee meeting at Josephine County Courthouse and we will invite Sheriff Daniels to come and share his thoughts with us if he is available...

Sheriff Daniels is our duly authorized and duly elected official to uphold the Constitution of the United States of America and deserves all of our support and encouragement as our "Chief Law Enforcement Officer" protecting our constitutional rights from enemies foreign and domestic.

Oregon's liberal majority legislature have passed "illegal" obstructive legislation that clearly violated these constitutionally protected rights and our Sheriff has every right and intrusted responsibility to insure our Josephine County citizen's rights and liberties!

Please stand up with and for Sheriff Daniels as he labors mightily to "Protect and Serve" our Constitutional Republic for Josephine County.

Together we can stand apart we will fall.

Best Regards,

Dennis Dickson
MAC Chairman

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I don't see why the Sheriff wouldn't agree to not police dredging. The Josephine County Sheriffs department has two patrol officers and they only respond to life threatening emergencies.

Neither Gilbertson or the current Sheriff Daniels would be able to prevent "any county, state, or federal agency to enforce Oregon's dredging ban within his county". Being that dredging is obviously not life threatening I'm guessing it doesn't really matter what kind of statement the Sheriff makes - he's not going to be enforcing the dredging laws or preventing anyone else from doing so. Stated as their public policy.

The Patrol Division is currently budgeted for 1 Deputy and 1 Sergeant who patrol rural Josephine County 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. This Sergeant is also responsible for supervision of all Patrol Contract positions.

Due to budget and staffing cute, deputies are currently ONLY RESPONDING TO IN PROGRESS, LIFE THREATENING EMERGENCIES.

Read for yourself HERE.

Gil Gilbertson, the former Sheriff, lost the general election to a cop from Grants Pass his deputy ran against him too. The voters didn't only boot Gil Gilbertson they shot down a funding bill for the jail. In my opinion that's sad for Josephine County but that is the choice of the people that live there.

Heavy Pans

OP
OP
M.E.G.

M.E.G.

Apr 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This email forwarded/received today from Kerby Jackson:

Sent: Tuesday, August 09, 2016 at 11:55 AM
To: "'[email protected]'" <[email protected]>
Subject: Dredge Mining

Mr. Jackson,

I attended a meeting at the US Fish and Wildlife headquarters in White City earlier this summer. Many county, state and federal agencies were present. I made my intentions clear that I would not be conducting any enforcement of such a ban. Although I cannot speak for the State Police, I believe they also have found such enforcement fruitless. I believe the BLM is of the same mind.

Respectfully,

Dave

Badge Signature Size

Sheriff Dave Daniel

Josephine County Sheriff’s Office

1901 NE F St.

Grants Pass, OR 97526

Ph: (541) 474-5117

Fax: (541) 474-5114

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread