Breaking News: Hotwheels VW Bug found destroyed - Pictures have been posted!

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, DR.OTEK MT-XR, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, a GP Pointer Handheld Pinpointer, and a GUZI Waterproof Handheld Pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was over 70 degrees noon today so I decided to get out and do more detecting in the side yard of my house.

I grabbed the Dr.OTEK MT-XR and off I went.

I thought I had cleared the side yard with the Bounty Hunter Discovery and the BH Tracker IV but, the MT-XR proved its worth once again.

I found this Hot Wheels VW Bug in 6 Inches of dirt. It hit at 63 - 67 - no coin for me. The three parts were in a perfectly straight line (uh, as perfect as possible), about a foot apart, away from the side of my house. Also found within the same area as the recovered HW VW Bug, two small staples buried at 6 inches as well - this leads me to believe that a Hot Wheels Flat Bed Diesel lost its Staple load when running over the Bug.

Please be on the look out for a Hot Wheels Flat Bed Diesel carrying a partial load of Staples.

NOTE: A BOLO has been sent to the proper authorities.

Here's the evidence:

Hotwheels VW Bug2.JPG Small Staples2.JPG

I'm glad that I took the plunge and bought the MT-XR. It keeps producing new finds daily.
-DH-

Last edited:
Upvote 11
OP
OP
Diggin' History

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, DR.OTEK MT-XR, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, a GP Pointer Handheld Pinpointer, and a GUZI Waterproof Handheld Pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was going through my notes on the Staple find in my picture in my first post and realized that they were only 1 inch apart at 6 inches deeps. The MT-XR read and pinpointed them separately and showed an accurate depth of 6 inches - with no manual GB that I know of. I simply put it in Jewelry Mode and went after it.

Tomorrow I will be finishing my back yard and posting my "New Finds" pictures that evening.

The MT-XR never ceases to amaze me.
-DH-

Last edited:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You used 4 detectors to get that trash? Brilliant

OP
OP
Diggin' History

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You used 4 detectors to get that trash? Brilliant

Just the DR.OTEK, albeit I did miss them with the Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300 (it went back as defective). I use the LRP for my River Bottom land digs but I'm sure that it would of caught 'em and I just ordered the Simplex+. Never tried the BH TK4.

You say trash, I say finds. :)

-DH-

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, finds worth approximately nothing

OP
OP
Diggin' History

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, finds worth approximately nothing

Really??? Says who??? You???

They are my finds and your opinion carries no weight with me.

I guess for you the "fun" has gone out of MDing. So sad to be you.

I found these pieces and immediately came up with a story to go along with my finds.
-DH-

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Peyton, you need to change your name back to Jeff Gordon. He whined a whole lot more than Peyton!:laughing7:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cool find, unfortunate condition! :occasion14:

OP
OP
Diggin' History

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool find, unfortunate condition! :occasion14:

I need to get back out there and see if I can find more of it. I was getting more hits but I just let them go - it was too nice of a day to waste and I wanted to get down to one our many fresh water beaches to finish hunting the other half of it - I never made it. A friend of mine called and said, "Hey, let's grab the little women and do Chinese tonight!" I agreed and then had to do the shower thing and make myself a bit more presentable for the occasion. :sigh:

Cheers.
-DH-

dieselfool

Dec 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a Hot Wheels car something like yours back in '69 or '70. But, alas, it disappeared like so many of my toys did, blown up with a cherry bomb.

OP
OP
Diggin' History

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a Hot Wheels car something like yours back in '69 or '70. But, alas, it disappeared like so many of my toys did, blown up with a cherry bomb.

LMAO.gif

Been there, done that.

Gene Mean

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2016
Central NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Equinox 800
Eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

I blew up my brother's replica WW2 model airplanes back in the 70s. I would put a firecracker in them and throw them. He put so much work in to them putting them together and then painting them in incredible detail. I had no concept of consequences as a kid. It hurts now though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread