What's new

Brick Pile Didn’t Disappoint, Civi War Button.

JustOneMorePlug

Full Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2025
Messages
177
Reaction score
937
Golden Thread
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Decided to check out some different areas and stumbled onto an old pile of bricks. I ended up digging a nice variety of relics, including two utensil handles, part of a spoon, a toe cap, a partial buckle, an oil lamp fragment, harmonica reeds, and the best find of the day—a New York State Civil War button.
I also ran into an old hornets’ nest that’ll make a great addition to my collection.
Can't wait to get back!
20260119_185317.webp
20260119_185513.webp
20260119_185529.webp
20260119_190147.webp
20260119_185554.webp
20260119_185607.webp
20260119_191516.webp
Screenshot_20260119_191042_Gallery.webp
 

Attachments

  • 20260119_191531.webp
    20260119_191531.webp
    494 KB · Views: 100
  • 20260119_191516.webp
    20260119_191516.webp
    475.4 KB · Views: 90
Upvote 22
That's a great hunt....but im wondering how it could possibly get banner status without a single vote ?? Is it the button that made banner ? Im unfamiliar with it.
 
That's a great hunt....but im wondering how it could possibly get banner status without a single vote ?? Is it the button that made banner ? Im unfamiliar with it.

My fault, I was doing some testing on pictures in Top Treasurenet finds, adding temporary banner was part of test.
 
My fault, I was doing so testing on pictures in Top Treasurenet finds, adding temporary banner was part of test.
Thank you for working so hard on this banner reboot....I think it will boost traffic here on t-net again. It was so attention getting for the public.
 
JustOneMorePlug you did good, Nice button. I have seen some of those bee or wasp nest bring hundreds of dollars on EBAY IF PROPERLY TAKEN CARE
 
JustOneMorePlug you did good, Nice button. I have seen some of those bee or wasp nest bring hundreds of dollars on EBAY IF PROPERLY TAKEN CARE

Thanks. I’m not sure what it would be worth since the backside was torn. It is very large at 23" long and 46" in diameter. I pinned it back together using small wooden dowels and you can’t tell from the front. I also sprayed it with a light coat of polyurethane to seal everything. I plan to display it once I get my collection display set up.
 
Great find! One winter as a kid I found a beautiful hornets nest like that, atop a tree. Climbed to it and took to school for extra credit. The warm room got something stirring inside 😮, so it was carefully removed from the classroom 😂 🐝
 
Decided to check out some different areas and stumbled onto an old pile of bricks. I ended up digging a nice variety of relics, including two utensil handles, part of a spoon, a toe cap, a partial buckle, an oil lamp fragment, harmonica reeds, and the best find of the day—a New York State Civil War button.
I also ran into an old hornets’ nest that’ll make a great addition to my collection.
Can't wait to get back!View attachment 2241579View attachment 2241580View attachment 2241581View attachment 2241582View attachment 2241583View attachment 2241584View attachment 2241590View attachment 2241585
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!
 
Great find! One winter as a kid I found a beautiful hornets nest like that, atop a tree. Climbed to it and took to school for extra credit. The warm room got something stirring inside 😮, so it was carefully removed from the classroom 😂 🐝
Not gonna lie, I was a little nervous on the car ride home. I never turned the heater on...lol
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom