Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another beautiful day as we headed over to my favorite farm for some leaf raking and MDing. The menfolk had the leaf raking under control so I was able to swing the coil for an hour. :icon_queen: Found an old metal handle and the ubiquitous Mason jar lid (no cache attached.) Just before we were ready to leave I was checking the base of a large tree stump surrounded by a now dead flower garden. I thought it would be a good spot for a cache with an easy view from the kitchen window. I got a strong signal at the tree's base and just a few inches down found another Sunoco antique car coin. (5th for this site) Also dug a thin, brass piece of metal that I only got a portion of. Thought it was trash and never saw the writing on it until it was cleaned at home. Says "auto synchron Detroit, Mich. USA" Above the small hole it says "mag off bat." Backing plate for some kind of ignition switch? (I love relics with writing!) May have to see if I can find the rest of it. I never know what this place will reveal next.....gotta love it.

Hope you all got out before Nov. weather returns.
Thanks for looking and HH,
Michiganne

Attachments

• treasure07-08 100comp.jpg
    treasure07-08 100comp.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 214
  • treasure07-08 103comp.jpg
    treasure07-08 103comp.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 199
  • treasure07-08 104comp.jpg
    treasure07-08 104comp.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 218

SaginawIan

Jun 1, 2006
Detroit, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Mojave.
Nice relic finds! I love that token :thumbsup: You have found 5 on the same site? That's cool, I wonder why so many?

Ian

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star
You keep this up and you might end up with the entire collection of those antique cars! I believe that plate might be the ignition switch off a model T Ford. Did you get to use the new pinpointer on this hunt? Kinda interested in seeing how it worked for you and what your thoughts on it were?
Keep that coil swinging! Winter is coming!

HH
Slipperyjack47

OP
OP
Michiganne

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Slipperyjack47 said:
Did you get to use the new pinpointer on this hunt? Kinda interested in seeing how it worked for you and what your thoughts on it were?

HH
Slipperyjack47

Jack: The new probe got here Wed. but, unfortunately, it did not work properly.:( Garrett has a new one on its way.

goldie1959

Oct 7, 2007
michigan
Detector(s) used
garrett ultra gta 500
i remember when those coins came out ihink late 60's or early 70's about the time marathon stations where giving out B.C. coffee cups

BandB1

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2008
SE Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool finds, except for one lipstick case, I never find relics or stuff like that.
Cool.

Good luck,
HH.

Wallhangers

Jul 28, 2008
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, T2 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the Mason Jar Lid. What was it like pulling that baby out of the hole??? LOL! I seem to get one or more of those everywhere I go and never have a cache attached either. Maybe someday... Anyway, nice digs. Hope you have success this weekend. With this weather blowing in, your help might need to bring a snow shovel instead of a rake.

starwarsblazer

Jul 24, 2007
Portland, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Nice Sunoco coin, and I know about those darn mason jar lids. I find them everyplace I go.....homesite, parks, schools....they are everywhere :tard:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread