Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Broke into some 1800's silver tonight

I had 90 minutes tonight, so I hit the old faithful golf course. I have worked this 9 hole course hard in the past 5 years, but there's just so much ground to cover! It's never been farmed, it's always mowed, and it's full of old wagon tracks. You can see in the last picture, the tracks going off to the right. It's a great back up location when there's nowhere else to go. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1427855171.893175.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1427855213.008638.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1427855241.965857.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1427855264.832870.jpg

Upvote 5
1800s silver, some might say it's the sweetest silver, I'm itching to taste some

but I'm partial to silver older than that though, it's pretty tasty too

Well that dime is real nice. Also like seeing those Canadians. Not often do you see the nickels.

great finds JCache, looks like your adjusting to that deus quite well!

Nice finds. I always like seeing a photo of the coin on the plug.

1800s silver, some might say it's the sweetest silver, I'm itching to taste some

but I'm partial to silver older than that though, it's pretty tasty too

This area wasn't settled until the 1890's, so this is very old for me. It's like my version of colonial silver lol.

Believe me, if there was the possibility of really old stuff, I would try to find it!

Very nice find. My oldest is 1903... so you have succeeded in making me jealous! Good show.

J. Cache, what province are you in?
And just out of curiosity, how did you manage to get permission to detect a golf course? I would think they'd be paranoid about someone digging holes...?

Broke into some 1800's silver tonight

J. Cache, what province are you in?
And just out of curiosity, how did you manage to get permission to detect a golf course? I would think they'd be paranoid about someone digging holes...?

Good question! I have it pretty good here: my wife is the town administrator, and my father-in-law is both the mayor, AND the president of the golf club. Mwahaha! I pretty much have free reign. I just wish the town was bigger, only about 130 residents...and I have detected virtually every yard. I'm in Saskatchewan by the way.

I love those 1800s Barber dimes. Nice to have a spot that you can go to on a whim that has many years of people walking on.

I have friends that live in small towns and they know everybody when they door knock so it is easy. I tell them if they know a few hundred people I am sure that the they will know a few people at the next town also and they can go and clean up there.

I love those 1800s Barber dimes. Nice to have a spot that you can go to on a whim that has many years of people walking on.

I have friends that live in small towns and they know everybody when they door knock so it is easy. I tell them if they know a few hundred people I am sure that the they will know a few people at the next town also and they can go and clean up there.

Thanks, yes it's a great place to go. Signals are sparse, but the wagon tracks are everywhere. Most signals are bits of iron junk, bullets, pull tabs and bottle caps (from the golfers), and the odd coin. Many times I have spent 4 or 5 hours without digging a single coin.

As for the locals, they have led to many other leads in other towns for me! I worry sometimes that the townsfolk think I'm a nutbar for detecting all the time. Seeing as many of them are on my facebook, I post my finds on there sometimes. It shows them that I actually do find things, and I always try to include interesting stories of local history. Many people have offered to let me do their property or told me of places to try. It's a good tool for normalizing a hobby that some people don't understand or think is weird.

Congratulations man. I can't wait to break into some 1800's silver!!

Good question! I have it pretty good here: my wife is the town administrator, and my father-in-law is both the mayor, AND the president of the golf club. Mwahaha! I pretty much have free reign. I just wish the town was bigger, only about 130 residents...and I have detected virtually every yard. I'm in Saskatchewan by the way.

:) Hah! It's who you know, for sure!
130 residents....so it's one of Saskatchewans larger towns...;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back