What's new

Broke my streak of Roosies!

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
1,363
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
I had been on a long stretch of finding only silver Roosevelt dimes, in fact it was 85 in a row, since my last Merc. I found a '43 Merc yesterday ending that streak. Later that box I found two silver Roosies, so the streak currently is at 2. My question which I will pose to the forum here, is what do you all think this streak will be?

To clarify, how many Roosies do you think I will find crhing in a row before I find a silver U.S. dime minted prior to 1946? If someone guesses it correctly, I will award them with a free silver Roosie! Yeah, fun, free silver :hello2: Well...not for me.

So lemme see those guesses! Remember I'm already at 2 so it has to be higher than that, and you have to get it right on.

YTD total: 135 total silvers, 125 roosies, 5 mercs, 5 silver canadians.

Current streak of silver roosies: 18


One guess per user, please.
 
Upvote 0
Silver Stripe said:
So how many dimes are you at for the year? I'm at 364. I'll say 13 Roos then a Merc. HH Mark

A measly 119. 5 have been Mercs.
 
DrDetector said:
Silver Stripe said:
So how many dimes are you at for the year? I'm at 364. I'll say 13 Roos then a Merc. HH Mark

A measly 119. 5 have been Mercs.
Dam dude you really been slackin. You need to find some of them 10+ silvers boxes to catch up. HH Mark
 
Damn I wanted to say 69 but Mojo got it first. Guess I got to go with 96 then...
 
In order to accurately (haha, that's a joke) guess I need to know more about how you search. What happens if you get a solid roll or silver, with 1 to 2 mercs inside? Does the time count when you see the first merc (everything before counts) or would all roosies in the roll count before or after?

I ask bc it happened to me! :tongue3:
 
phrostie said:
In order to accurately (haha, that's a joke) guess I need to know more about how you search. What happens if you get a solid roll or silver, with 1 to 2 mercs inside? Does the time count when you see the first merc (everything before counts) or would all roosies in the roll count before or after?

I ask bc it happened to me! :tongue3:

If this happens, I will see them from the edges first, presumably. I will go one by one until I would see a Merc and count.
 
halfdime said:
I won't go with a number; someone will find silver at the Dunn site before you find another Pre-1946 dime CRHing.

Maybe so sir, but don't you want to put in a number for your kids? Heck I'll even give you two guesses...one for each of them! Maybe I could fill a hole in one of their albums in they win.
 
DrDetector said:
halfdime said:
I won't go with a number; someone will find silver at the Dunn site before you find another Pre-1946 dime CRHing.

Maybe so sir, but don't you want to put in a number for your kids? Heck I'll even give you two guesses...one for each of them! Maybe I could fill a hole in one of their albums in they win.
Okay, I'll go with 22; I won't be greedy, just one guess. Watch the Trib Thursday.
 
Question Doc - Does finding a Barber (or Seated, etc.) break the streak or is it just a Merc? Can you also post your current running total of silver roosies in your OP?
 
Immy said:
Question Doc - Does finding a Barber (or Seated, etc.) break the streak or is it just a Merc? Can you also post your current running total of silver roosies in your OP?

It would be any U.S. dime type that is silver but not a roosie. So a merc, barber, seated, etc. would stop the streak. And yes, I will modify my running total up top.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom