Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I decided to do a quick hunt at a reliable site that has produced colonial artifacts in the past. Last time my metal detecting partner found two colonial flat buttons and I came home with some nails and an old potato chip bag. Today I decided just to take it rather slow and try some areas I have not done much before, including a patch of plants that died and a huge patch of poison ivy. Anyways, I got started with finding a small colonial tack. I later on found some kind of ring shaped copper object that looks old. A while past with no signals, then, in a patch of poison ivy I got a nice clear signal that showed up as 68 on my T2, I was hoping for a flat button but was happy with what I got. I called my metal detecting partner and asked to see the pinpointer, I quickly heard a stead beep on a small object that I knew right away was silver. I grabbed it out of the dirt and knew at first glance it was half of a colonial cufflink. Anyways, I ended up also finding a nice flat button and some brackets in the same hole right before we left. This time unfortunately my metal detecting partner never got any hits, though I think he may have found a nail :) It seems lately like it impossible for us both to find great finds, it's either one of us or the other.

I am thrilled with finding this nice relic today, I have never thought I would find one. The design is also nice. It's always great how distinctively nice gold in silver look coming out of the ground.

Here it is cleaned up
IMG_20150826_195956.jpg

IMG_20150826_192206.jpgIMG_20150826_192149.jpg
IMG_20150826_192222.jpgIMG_20150826_192502.jpgIMG_20150826_192612.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 20
I would say 1740's to 1780's. The octagonal ones had been replaced by the oval ones pretty much by the 1790's.

HEY HEY WHAT DO I SEE A NICE SILVER BUTTON FOR COINMAN 123, NICE FIND MY FREIND.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back