What's new

Colonial Site Produces Some Winners

Silvermonkey

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2013
Messages
5,617
Reaction score
13,882
Golden Thread
2
Location
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Greetings T-Net Friends. I was able to get out in a favorite patch of woods this afternoon for a few hours of detecting in 75 degree weather. What a treat after the New England "Spring" we all endured. I've been through this site a bunch of times, and most always come away with a couple of keepers. The first good find was a KG II in not so bad condition. I don't think I will be able to get a date, but that's ok.

01.webp 02.webp 03.webp

After some light cleaning, this was the result:

05.webp
06.webp


The next interesting find was a silver cufflink. I love this piece. It cleaned up very well, and has some great detail. The back appears to have some markings, but not sure what to make of them.

07.webp
08.webp


I rounded out the trip with a small tombac button ( no shank) and some modern cutlery. Thanks for taking a look. Cheers!

09.webp
 
Upvote 67
Looks like a great site. That silver cufflink is really special; late 1700s? Now you just need to find the matching piece🤞😁. Congrats on a very nice day out!
 
Sweet hunt. I love finding the cuffs, especially silver ones at that. Its brother awaits. I found the other half of the Freemasons cufflinks 10 years apart some 30 plus yards away, have at it.
 
Your doing well !! Keep it up
 
That KGII is less worn than the few I have found. I like how the oblique lighting showed up the king's bust and Brittania.
 
Greetings T-Net Friends. I was able to get out in a favorite patch of woods this afternoon for a few hours of detecting in 75 degree weather. What a treat after the New England "Spring" we all endured. I've been through this site a bunch of times, and most always come away with a couple of keepers. The first good find was a KG II in not so bad condition. I don't think I will be able to get a date, but that's ok.

View attachment 2205102 View attachment 2205103 View attachment 2205104

After some light cleaning, this was the result:

View attachment 2205105View attachment 2205106

The next interesting find was a silver cufflink. I love this piece. It cleaned up very well, and has some great detail. The back appears to have some markings, but not sure what to make of them.

View attachment 2205107View attachment 2205108

I rounded out the trip with a small tombac button ( no shank) and some modern cutlery. Thanks for taking a look. Cheers!

View attachment 2205109
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!
 
I’m digging the cuff link. Great job
 
Greetings T-Net Friends. I was able to get out in a favorite patch of woods this afternoon for a few hours of detecting in 75 degree weather. What a treat after the New England "Spring" we all endured. I've been through this site a bunch of times, and most always come away with a couple of keepers. The first good find was a KG II in not so bad condition. I don't think I will be able to get a date, but that's ok.

View attachment 2205102 View attachment 2205103 View attachment 2205104

After some light cleaning, this was the result:

View attachment 2205105View attachment 2205106

The next interesting find was a silver cufflink. I love this piece. It cleaned up very well, and has some great detail. The back appears to have some markings, but not sure what to make of them.

View attachment 2205107View attachment 2205108

I rounded out the trip with a small tombac button ( no shank) and some modern cutlery. Thanks for taking a look. Cheers!

View attachment 2205109
Nice silver sleeve button. Maybe you will the rest of it. Congratulations
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom