What's new

Broke the Ice on Big copper this weekend. Plus an unusual Relic

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
2,220
Reaction score
904
Golden Thread
1
Location
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still Felt like winter here in Maine this past weekend. It made it all the way up into the high 30;s on both saturday and sunday . My tennis elbow is getting better though and I managed 3 hrs swinging both days ! Saturday I was back in the city woods where I found the small wheatie hoard last weekend . There I managed some more early 20th century finds. The 1901 Barber Quarter ,the 1901 and the 1902 Indians and the 1905 canadian large cent , the Arizona token, and the cow thingy and the lead or peweter dog and what was left of the Inkwell cover / quill holder. The find of the day saturday for me though was the decorative gas fixture I found in another big signal trash hole I decided to check out. I am a sucker for big signals :wink: It has a date of 1901 on it just below the mounting threads . I cannot believe this came out of the ground in one piece . :o :o It is going to get mounted in my treasure room. I may even try to get it working again ! Sunday I went to a small city park I had never been to. There is no kiddie equipment at this particular park and It was relatively free of trash signals a pleasant surprise to say the least. I managed 3 indians an 1881, an 1884, and another 1901 that was the only coin in the hole with the purse clasp and chain that I found . A no date shield nickel and I Also Found the 1837 large cent that had been button holed , The nice decorative flat button and the lock and the brass duck call looking thing ?? Also some modern silver and wheaties from the park . I am starting to shed my winter blues !! Thanks for looking ! MaineRelic
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1657.webp
    IMG_1657.webp
    36.7 KB · Views: 947
  • IMG_1658.webp
    IMG_1658.webp
    56.5 KB · Views: 948
  • IMG_1762.webp
    IMG_1762.webp
    39.3 KB · Views: 935
  • IMG_1756.webp
    IMG_1756.webp
    22 KB · Views: 937
  • IMG_1757.webp
    IMG_1757.webp
    23.1 KB · Views: 934
  • IMG_1758.webp
    IMG_1758.webp
    16.9 KB · Views: 933
  • IMG_1759.webp
    IMG_1759.webp
    12.5 KB · Views: 936
  • IMG_1755.webp
    IMG_1755.webp
    23.5 KB · Views: 931
  • IMG_1760.webp
    IMG_1760.webp
    20.5 KB · Views: 932
  • IMG_1761.webp
    IMG_1761.webp
    21.3 KB · Views: 934
  • IMG_1763.webp
    IMG_1763.webp
    13 KB · Views: 930
  • IMG_1764.webp
    IMG_1764.webp
    12.5 KB · Views: 917
Upvote 0
Super variety of keepers, MR! :icon_pirat:

Nana :hello:
 
Those are some nice finds.

Congrats on the copper.

Jer
 
I think that LC is a whizzer toy rather than a button. Nice lamp and finds.
 
that is an awesome relic! Just goes to show how much pride was put into even a gas pipe! I would love to have found that. Ya wont find anything like that at your local hardware store. Good luck on your next dig. :headbang:
 
Very cool!! I like digging the big signals also, especially the one one's that show overload! Haven't found anything like that though. :icon_thumleft:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom