What's new

Broke the Ice on Big copper this weekend. Plus an unusual Relic

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
2,220
Reaction score
904
Golden Thread
1
Location
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still Felt like winter here in Maine this past weekend. It made it all the way up into the high 30;s on both saturday and sunday . My tennis elbow is getting better though and I managed 3 hrs swinging both days ! Saturday I was back in the city woods where I found the small wheatie hoard last weekend . There I managed some more early 20th century finds. The 1901 Barber Quarter ,the 1901 and the 1902 Indians and the 1905 canadian large cent , the Arizona token, and the cow thingy and the lead or peweter dog and what was left of the Inkwell cover / quill holder. The find of the day saturday for me though was the decorative gas fixture I found in another big signal trash hole I decided to check out. I am a sucker for big signals :wink: It has a date of 1901 on it just below the mounting threads . I cannot believe this came out of the ground in one piece . :o :o It is going to get mounted in my treasure room. I may even try to get it working again ! Sunday I went to a small city park I had never been to. There is no kiddie equipment at this particular park and It was relatively free of trash signals a pleasant surprise to say the least. I managed 3 indians an 1881, an 1884, and another 1901 that was the only coin in the hole with the purse clasp and chain that I found . A no date shield nickel and I Also Found the 1837 large cent that had been button holed , The nice decorative flat button and the lock and the brass duck call looking thing ?? Also some modern silver and wheaties from the park . I am starting to shed my winter blues !! Thanks for looking ! MaineRelic
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1657.webp
    IMG_1657.webp
    36.7 KB · Views: 947
  • IMG_1658.webp
    IMG_1658.webp
    56.5 KB · Views: 948
  • IMG_1762.webp
    IMG_1762.webp
    39.3 KB · Views: 935
  • IMG_1756.webp
    IMG_1756.webp
    22 KB · Views: 937
  • IMG_1757.webp
    IMG_1757.webp
    23.1 KB · Views: 934
  • IMG_1758.webp
    IMG_1758.webp
    16.9 KB · Views: 933
  • IMG_1759.webp
    IMG_1759.webp
    12.5 KB · Views: 936
  • IMG_1755.webp
    IMG_1755.webp
    23.5 KB · Views: 931
  • IMG_1760.webp
    IMG_1760.webp
    20.5 KB · Views: 932
  • IMG_1761.webp
    IMG_1761.webp
    21.3 KB · Views: 934
  • IMG_1763.webp
    IMG_1763.webp
    13 KB · Views: 930
  • IMG_1764.webp
    IMG_1764.webp
    12.5 KB · Views: 917
Upvote 0
Looks like you did well to me :icon_thumleft:
Post that relic in the what is it forum..

Blaze
 
Looks like a 19th century gas line of sorts. Found the valves but never the whole thing :tongue3: Nice stuff. :icon_thumleft:
 
johnnyblaze said:
Looks like you did well to me :icon_thumleft:
Post that relic in the what is it forum..

Blaze
Don't need to post it in what is it Johnny, If you had read my post you would have seen that I listed it as a Decorative gas fixture . with the date 1901 stamped on it . Which coincides with the rest of my finds from this site .
 
some sweet digs right there.i found a valve and a piece of the line some time ago.similiar design.victorian no doubt
 
You made a good haul there MR!!! That gas fixture is cool and very ornate. HH, Quindy.
 
Nice finds. That is a sweet button.
 
Looks like a great hunt - great pictures!
 
MaineRelic~
You killed it bro. Nice fixture and the coins are outstanding. I love finding a few nice coins and a few nice relics too. I want me a Barber Quarter.....That's what I call a great hunt! :icon_pirat:
 
A very nice hunt indeed! Way to break into the spring.
 
That gas line is nice,i dug a few myself, definite keeper just think how many times its been turned on and off.
Nice Finds Gary
 
Wow! I've never seen a gas fixture that complete or ornate. :o
Excellent variety MR. :thumbsup: Super cool padlock too.
Congrats on the big copper. :icon_thumleft:
-Doug-
 
Nice finds .... congrats ! :thumbsup:
H
 
love that penny its like our version of a "indian head" when we get lucky enough to find one
cool gas line too never seen one so fancy congrats
 
Great stuff !
Nice silver & copper, never saw a fixture with the 'bag' :icon_scratch:
Congrats :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom