What's new

Broke the recent dry spell

Silverhawk

Full Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2006
Messages
120
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Seattle, WA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett THD Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Stopped by a bank near an appointment and asked the tellers if they had any half dollars. The teller reached down in her drawer and said "I have $6.50. I asked if they ad any more in the vault. She asked me how much I wanted. I smiled and replied hat it depended on how much the had. She reached into a binder and said "$360". I said "I'll take it all". She smiled and said thank you. After she got the boxes containing hand rolls, I thought I was getting somebody's dumps. I figured I would try my luck and ask if they had any large dollar coins or weird bills. She tells me they have old $100 bills and some $2 bills that looked new. She also whipped out an old envelop with "large dollar coins" written on it. My heart raced with visions of Morgans or Peace dollars making that sweet sound as I pass them in my hands. She tells me she had $25 in large dollars. I said I would take them too. I kindly told her I would appreciate if they could hold any of the deposits f halves for me, or strage coin and she asked me for my number. As I gathered my things she said " thank you so much for taking the halves, they take a lot of room in our safe and we are happy to get rid of them.

I got to my car and impatiently started looking in the envelope to see if the was any silver. Turns out it was $25 in Ike's. Too bad.

I drove towards my home and stopped in front of my dump bank to look through the $360 in halves. I managed to pull out a lone 64, a 66 and two 67s. Not too bad, as I had been experiencing a minor dry spell in 90%s. Just a few more to add to my shoebox.
 
Upvote 0
Whoops. My ipad has automatic spell check and changes the words for you if you're typing too fast and your finger slips. She smiled, not emailed. my bad
 
haha nice score! ive gotten some good things from tellers who put aside funny money that comes thru haha. keep it up and hh!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom