Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

Our last Spanish silver was dug on September 15th. Well, that was over four weeks ago, which feels like an eternity when you're averaging 2 Spanish per month! We managed to get our 26th Spanish for the year today, a decent condition 1775 half real. Strangely enough we also both dug Shield nickels. That makes 5 shield nickels in 3 hunts for us, which is totally bizarre. Although Shanegalang was the lucky dog with the 1700s silver at the end of the day, I eyeballed a beautiful, pristine honey colored French gun flint in the dirt, and got another "Russian Blue" trade bead to add to my growing collection of them. Not sure what the date on Shane's shield is, but mine is an 1868. Take a look at the video and photos below. I'd write more, but I'm beat and it's way too late to be posting on Tnet :hello:

HPIM4403.JPG 175_0574.JPG HPIM4410-001.JPG

HPIM4404.JPG HPIM4414-001.JPG HPIM4415-001.JPG

HPIM4412.JPG HPIM4413.JPG HPIM4408-001.JPG

100_5540.JPG 100_5537.JPG 100_5538.JPG

Happy Hunting,

Buck

Last edited:
Upvote 28

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I love the trade bead too. Seems like I've only found half a dozen or so of them in 2 years. They're hard to see, and they have to be close enough to the top to wash out from the rain.

Cheers,

Buck

Only half a dozen in two years? ONLY?
Ha ha. I average 2 Russian blue's a year. You're finding more than me!
As you know, I live on the prairies but when I lived for a year on Vancouver Island, I spent a couple days visiting the Port Hardy Reservation and the Natives there told me something cool.
When they would head out in their boats on salmon fishing trips, they would stop at long gone coastal village sites where there ancestors once lived.
They told me that several of them would comb the shores looking for "Friendship" or "Peace" beads as there were many to be found.
They showed me one and sure enough, it was a Russian blue faceted bead.
It was a real life anthropological story as they would tell me that those beads are important to their people to this day.
Nice finds B.B. and congrats on getting out of your "Slump!" :)
Cheers,
Dave.

Fast Ed

Jan 31, 2013
Scotia, ny
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Garrett AT Max, Garrett Pro Pointer, Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man! Can't wait to start slumping like you do. Of course I'd need to find my first Spanish in order to start my slump lol.....

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sure you can call that a slump.... I've dug one Spanish silver this year.... 26 would be quite a few years in the making for me! Congrats guys!

Well I did get a capped half dime during that Slump on the spanish. BUT...we just dug Spanish #27 today, so that puts us on track to hit the magic 31 for a total of 50 spanish in 2 years. When we dig a seated, we sometimes are a bit disappointed...but we don't toss 'em back. ;)

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only half a dozen in two years? ONLY?
Ha ha. I average 2 Russian blue's a year. You're finding more than me!
As you know, I live on the prairies but when I lived for a year on Vancouver Island, I spent a couple days visiting the Port Hardy Reservation and the Natives there told me something cool.
When they would head out in their boats on salmon fishing trips, they would stop at long gone coastal village sites where there ancestors once lived.
They told me that several of them would comb the shores looking for "Friendship" or "Peace" beads as there were many to be found.
They showed me one and sure enough, it was a Russian blue faceted bead.
It was a real life anthropological story as they would tell me that those beads are important to their people to this day.
Nice finds B.B. and congrats on getting out of your "Slump!" :)
Cheers,
Dave.

Dave,

That's a great story! Those beads really made the rounds. They ended up in far off places!

I just checked my displays and I have eyeballed 7 of them since January 2012.

Check your PM's my friend.

-Buck

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds Will, the Silver just keeps coming and if you keep finding those stunning blue beads, you wil soon have enough to make diggergirl a nice bracelet :icon_thumleft:

SS

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agree, silver into the album, but these beads and the gun flint must be up for display! So cool!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread