What's new

Broken Machines

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2007
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
2,078
Golden Thread
0
Location
CT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday - My New bank has a tired machine, rejecting my halves 20/1. So I went to different branch to finish my dump.
Today - Went to dump some more at the alternate branch, and broke that machine too. Actually, I think it was someone else that maybe threw a pretzel into it. lol. But the half dollar slot kept jamming. So, I couldn't finish my dump there either.
On the bright side, the girl that tried to fix it didn't know what to do with the jammed coins, so she tossed them back into the hopper. A full hand of halves. So when i get done dumping them, I should have a good $15-20 extra that was already counted.
 
Upvote 0
Hate it when that happens.
That's why bank personnel hate dealing with those machines not to mention maintenance, bag & box changes.
I was behind a guy with his kids once when he was dumping in his full coffee cans of coins. He set his full coke fountain drink cup on the machine and his 3 year old reached up and dumps it over. It all went into the hopper.
That machine was out of commision for a week.
 
So you're going to screw her too? I see a pattern forming here
 
Lucky Jack said:
So you're going to screw her too? I see a pattern forming here

Let it go Jack, Let it go. LMAO
 
one time i was dumping and the bag wasn't under the nozzle right and dumped a bunch of halfs into the reject. i told the teller, she came out and took all the coins from the reject back into the hopper. i said the count will be way off. her reply "as long as it's in the customer's favor, we don't care"
 
It varies from machine to machine, but I've seen a fair share of coin counters that aren't calibrated to sort halves. Circulated halves are so rare that technicians are tempted not to calibrate the half dollar setting properly.
I used one machine in a Chevy Chase Bank that counted cents/nickels/dimes just fine, but jammed when fed halves. On the other hand, other machines in other Chevy Chase Bank branches have accepted my halves just fine.
 
I Feel your pain that is my story relived. Although in my story the coins burnt up the inside pad. I don't know but it most likely expencsive. Those machines cost like 50,000 or something.

-Golden Silver
 
If my math is right, the teller gave me an additional $13 that was jammed and placed into hopper.
The machine is still OUT OF ORDER.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom