What's new

Broken point with a concave base

tnmudman

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2017
Messages
709
Reaction score
1,537
Golden Thread
0
Location
middle tennessee
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I found these a while back an just noticed the piece with the concave base I thought it was interesting along with a couple other ones Im going to try to get out tommorow and find some more I havent been able to much lately 0317181911.webp0317181912a.webp0317181909.webp0317181905b.webp0317181905d.webp0317181906.webp0317181913.webp
 
Upvote 0
Nice one!

does it appear to be ground?
 
I dont think it has been ground on the base quito I would guess its some type of woodland point but Im not sure I dont think concave bases are common on woodland points but I dont know . If anyone has any knowledge of it I would love to hear it.
 
I dont think it has been ground on the base quito I would guess its some type of woodland point but Im not sure I dont think concave bases are common on woodland points but I dont know . If anyone has any knowledge of it I would love to hear it.

There are a few woodland types with concave base but majority are archaic and of course some Paleo. Yours is different that it almost has a quad or square base and than tapers in.
There’s a type of Dalton called Dalton Colbert it resembles that but most of them are serrated ..... hopefully somebody else can help identify it cause I would like to know lol
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom