What's new

bronze button need ID or info on it

Ifoundit69

Saving the past one find at a time !
Joined
Dec 5, 2007
Messages
1,263
Reaction score
685
Golden Thread
0
Location
Lancaster ,VA
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum Xlt ,Fisher 1270, Fisher F5 ,Fisher F2, , Ctx 3030 ,Nokta Anfibio,Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this little item today the site date back to the days of the first settlements in stafford county virginia ,belle plan area . I located a old brick foundation 6 inches under the top soil on a step hill a few weeks back , I found lots of broken dark green class and then came across this little item .It is 7/8 of a inch wide , weighs 10.4 grams and sold bronze I cleaned it alittle and got the crusty's off it . It is a solid one peice button . The size is odd and the weight as well it appears to be hand made from looking at the hammer marks on it . No back marks ,no letters and no real design .Curious what it went to and was used for and a time period . I have never found a solid bronze button like this one ..
 

Attachments

  • bronze button.webp
    bronze button.webp
    27.7 KB · Views: 201
  • bronze button2 front.webp
    bronze button2 front.webp
    25 KB · Views: 197
I can't help you on that one but, these are what I live for....Love the buttons and this one is cool! Do you see the "mold" impressions on the back? Look at that button under a loupe real close you may find a faint mark...Cool find partner
 
Upvote 0
Looks like a late 18th Century Button, to me.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom