• IMG020_edited.JPG
    IMG020_edited.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 488

grizzly bare

Aug 30, 2005
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX II/Sovereign SX-2a Pro/Quattro
It's sights like those BEAUTIFUL cannon that keep most of us wishing and dreaming. Someday...someday...
grizzly bare

OP
OP
R

Reef Runner

Tenderfoot
Oct 5, 2005
Thomas,
These cannons are dated 1780's, with excellent scroll work, and nice stampings on the trunnions.
We don't want to offer them for sale at this time, as all of them have not been recovered, and they are not in the US now. (btw, the ones in the pictures have not been cleaned, this is just how they came up)

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hey Reef Runner, those cannons are in incredible shape for their age. You said there are more left to be recovered, how many more?

Tommi

Sep 19, 2005
Australia
Detector(s) used
Famous-Trails-MD9100 ACE250-PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They look fantastic! :o I can't wait to see the pic's when the cannons are cleaned up!

Just a couple of quick questions,
Is it from a Galleon?
What would the weight be of one cannon?
How long are they?

Also, when finding Galleon's etc, what is the chance of finding something of consideriable value?

;)

OP
OP
R

Reef Runner

Tenderfoot
Oct 5, 2005
Some are 10' long, some are shorter. We don't have all recovered yet, so we don't know what lengths are represented. The average weight will be around one ton, give or take. As for the value of the cargo, those cannons were not on board to guard against petty theft. (kidding) Some of the artifacts are in remarkable condition, as shown by the pictures of the guns.

Tommi

Sep 19, 2005
Australia
Detector(s) used
Famous-Trails-MD9100 ACE250-PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info Reefrunner, I'm in process of organising my equipment for planned search, not sure what size SUV to get, as I'm expecting to find this mythical galleon from my part of the world (it ran aground maybe 100 or 200 years too early to be documented)

So yeh, trying to get an idea of what size 4x4, what towing loads to expect etc, however if a cannon is 1 ton, I just hope theres gold & silver aboard.

Once again, thanks for the info and keep us up to date with your progress,
Tom.
;)

P.S: Are the artifacts from beneath the ocean or buried on land?

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome cannons and super patina. In just 45 foot of water..groovy!

Someone up about mentioned buying these types of things. This stuff is $$$$$ but one can buy China sea shipwreck stuff for peanuts. It's not Spanish goodies but heck, it's still neat.

Thanks for sharing.

Ever want to sell anything let me know ;)

Zeb

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread