What's new

Bronze Presidential Campaign button and SLQ with date

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2015
Messages
2,221
Reaction score
5,392
Golden Thread
0
Location
NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, XP Deus2, NOX 900, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With work and life in general getting in the way, its been a while since i got a full day of swing time. Finally, i got a day off and hit the road looking for a permission or two. Long story short, i got two permissions and then ended the day at a vacant lot that dates back to the early 1900's.

Today's total was 106 coins with several buttons and a Bronze presidential campaign button.
FullSizeRender_1.webp

Finally! My first Standing liberty Quarter with a date. This was the very last coin i dug today and totally unexpected. I was using the Impact in VLX2 mode set at 14khz . A very good high tone but low numbers in the penny/ dime range.

FullSizeRender.webp FullSizeRender6.webp

Here is the bronze presidential campaign button.
Its a Lapel pin promoting Robert La Follette for president and Burton Wheeler for vice president in 1924. They ran under the progressive party. Again, i have never found a campaign button so this is another first for me.

FullSizeRender_3.webp

One Indian head penny dated 1901. I think this one will clean up pretty nice.

FullSizeRender_4.webp

Finally, 6 identical buttons found within a one foot radius. and two cuff buttons as well.

FullSizeRender_2.webp

Anyhow, i put in 7 hours today and had a great time!

HH everyone!
 
Upvote 36
man,that is a lot of digging with tremendous results.
 
You sure put your day off to good use! Nice finds!

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
 
That’s a great day of hunting. 7 hours is a lot of swinging and digging. Congrats on the nice finds.
 
A day for sure
 
Thanks guys. I dug more trash than a care to admit but time flew. I swear, 7 hours felt like one.
 
Wow you done a powerful bunch of digging today, much more than I in my two hours. Congrats on the stander (still looking for mine) and that campaign button is super, should clean up nice.
 
That's a lot of holes! But very nice finds for the effort! Congrats! :icon_thumleft:
 
Ammoman what a great day of hunting. Nothing like the first site when you see that SLQ in the dirt. I’ve also gotten 2 Presidential tokens this year so with another addiction I had to buy a Andrew Jackson Presidential Token. Lol

Great job buddy
 
Nice Hunt!!! Congrats!!!
 
Great coin there that's a lot of digging but that's freakin fun Well done
 
All that hard work paid off- Congrats! Love the SLQ..

-- Jeff --
 
Great hunt! :icon_thumleft:

Funny, I found the same old presidential campaign pin in Massachusetts! :dontknow:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom