What's new

bronze roman whistle

veronasteve

Full Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2008
Messages
159
Reaction score
12
Golden Thread
0
its got a bit broken off the end,but has been i.d as a roman whistle,if so its quite rare they dont know exactly what they where used for.maybe military used em for sending signals to troops.
this is the field i found it in.
 

Attachments

  • P5310004_01 (150 x 434).webp
    P5310004_01 (150 x 434).webp
    5.6 KB · Views: 4,156
  • P5310005_01 (500 x 368).webp
    P5310005_01 (500 x 368).webp
    11.6 KB · Views: 3,960
  • P5310002 (550 x 285).webp
    P5310002 (550 x 285).webp
    29 KB · Views: 3,643
Upvote 2
That is so cool. I wonder if they used them to call their dogs when hunting? Very nice find :thumbsup:
 
Wow, what I would not give to have a few sweeps in that field ;D
That whistle is a keeper for sure.
HH,
Donny
 
That is a very cool find...any idea of value?

NJ
 
Very nice find. Those fields must be so much fun to hunt. Good luck next time out.
 
Wow that made the banner fast.Congrats to you Verona, that's a cool find.
 
Wow!

Have you tried it to see if it still works?

I am sure there are many more artifacts nearby.
 
djabend said:
Wow, what I would not give to have a few sweeps in that field ;D
That whistle is a keeper for sure.
HH,
Donny

Neat coin at the bottom of the page, I just found a 185? Memorial day, Not in as good a shape as yours.
 
Nice, Real Nice, and love the picture of the field. I love relic hunting in an open field. Thanks for showing
us your Fantastic find.

HH, Ringfinder
 
ringfinder said:
djabend said:
Wow, what I would not give to have a few sweeps in that field ;D
That whistle is a keeper for sure.
HH,
Donny

Neat coin at the bottom of the page, I just found a 185? Memorial day, Not in as good a shape as yours.

Thanks, I found that one in a field across the street from my house.
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,153003.0.html

Send me a good front and back pic of a coin and I can make you a 3D coin just like it.
I made one for foxhound that way.
HH,
Donny
 
Conrats on the find and BANNER too! :icon_king:
 
LMAO Plehbah. ;D

Great find and congrats on making the banner
 
plehbah said:
Sure it is not a one hitter?

LOL, ya never know, those frisky Romans were into all kinds of things. Still, a totaly awesome find bro! Well done!
 
I'm guessing you didn't find that in the USA. Congrats on a great find!
 
Serious find you have there, congratulations
Hats off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! T.C.
 
know you had to try tooting it -- whats it sound like?
 
Congratulations on the find - and :thumbsup: achieving The Banner.
You must - please, find a way for all of us to hear the whistle.

That shape looks soooo much like an old cannon
to my eyes - it's uncanny :tongue3:
 
thanks guys,no it doesnt work, roman bronze items last a long time and well made,there coins out live 19\18 thc ones easily,its a good area for relics and its not really ploughed or had loads of chemicals on it ,so that helps preserve the condition a lot.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom