packerbacker Gold Member Joined May 11, 2005 Messages 8,350 Reaction score 2,992 Golden Thread 0 Location Northern California Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Apr 18, 2008 #1 My brother in Wisconsin found a nice 1897 British penny while searching halves. Attachments penny1.webp 9.5 KB · Views: 249 penny2.webp 11.8 KB · Views: 240 Upvote 0
J jim4silver Silver Member Joined Apr 15, 2008 Messages 3,662 Reaction score 496 Golden Thread 0 Apr 18, 2008 #2 I recently found a 1929 one penny coin that has the same reverse as yours, but has a man's face on the obverse. It is in very bad shape and I could barely figure out what it is. Jim
I recently found a 1929 one penny coin that has the same reverse as yours, but has a man's face on the obverse. It is in very bad shape and I could barely figure out what it is. Jim
LJ Silver Member Joined Dec 23, 2006 Messages 3,469 Reaction score 19 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Apr 18, 2008 #3 Hey PB. That is a nice looking one!! That was an exciting find for him I bet. Oh the stories that coin could tell.....lol.
Hey PB. That is a nice looking one!! That was an exciting find for him I bet. Oh the stories that coin could tell.....lol.
fikys Full Member Joined Dec 27, 2006 Messages 131 Reaction score 24 Golden Thread 0 Location IL Detector(s) used Minelab Explorer II Apr 18, 2008 #4 I found one from 1914 last week (World War I starting year)