What's new

Brown Bess escutcheon plate and a half button I need help!!!

lowcountry

Full Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2015
Messages
148
Reaction score
452
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found these last evening in my usual spot.....the button is not all there but there are feathers or scales and it is really raised...been looking at it all day but can't tell....maybe you guys can help me like always!! :) Same area I found all the British stuff for the last year!! I am hitting this spot as often as I can but it is so hot here I can only take 4 or 5 hours at a time....Please give me your feedback cause this is the most interesting button I have found yet!!
 

Attachments

  • 20160815_225251_resized.webp
    20160815_225251_resized.webp
    94.5 KB · Views: 108
  • 20160819_175049_resized.webp
    20160819_175049_resized.webp
    59.5 KB · Views: 89
  • 20160819_175143_resized.webp
    20160819_175143_resized.webp
    57.5 KB · Views: 91
  • 20160819_175401_resized.webp
    20160819_175401_resized.webp
    62 KB · Views: 86
  • 20160819_203845_resized.webp
    20160819_203845_resized.webp
    105.5 KB · Views: 92
  • 20160819_204153_resized.webp
    20160819_204153_resized.webp
    204.9 KB · Views: 85
  • 20160819_204341_resized.webp
    20160819_204341_resized.webp
    250.5 KB · Views: 94
  • 20160819_204351_resized.webp
    20160819_204351_resized.webp
    379.8 KB · Views: 113
Upvote 2
I keep seeing a cats head on the button piece maybe it's just my old eyes. Congrats on the finds
 
Looks like a tombac button with fire damage, not a design as such.
 
here are some better pics.....looks counter punched maybe and definitely a design. I cant focus well enough with my phone but the raised parts have a feather pattern or dragon scales.....:)20160820_133849.webp20160820_133906.webp20160820_133918.webp20160820_134131.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom