What's new

BU Rolls of 1955 S Cents

MentalUnrest

Hero Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2010
Messages
744
Reaction score
113
Golden Thread
0
Been looking through cents for a while and I always have ads on Craigslist to buy old cents. Got 12 rolls of BU MS60-65 1955S Pennies. I got a great deal as since I bought them all he gave me a great deal and so it came out to about 14.00 per roll. I looked on eBay and saw some similar rolls going for $30-45. I definitely am going to hang on to a few of them but wondered what experienced collectors have to say about what these types of rolls do in the long run. This was a pretty low mintage and have no idea if cents in these condition go up year after year or just stay near the same in value.

Guy I bought them from was a huge collector and told me if he had more time he would go through and send a few off to be graded as he said he was sure there were a few that had to be MS65 and maybe even MS66. They all look they just came from the mint but I am far from an expert in determining grades.
 
Upvote 0
MentalUnrest said:
Been looking through cents for a while and I always have ads on Craigslist to buy old cents. Got 12 rolls of BU MS60-65 1955S Pennies. I got a great deal as since I bought them all he gave me a great deal and so it came out to about 14.00 per roll. I looked on eBay and saw some similar rolls going for $30-45. I definitely am going to hang on to a few of them but wondered what experienced collectors have to say about what these types of rolls do in the long run. This was a pretty low mintage and have no idea if cents in these condition go up year after year or just stay near the same in value.

Guy I bought them from was a huge collector and told me if he had more time he would go through and send a few off to be graded as he said he was sure there were a few that had to be MS65 and maybe even MS66. They all look they just came from the mint but I am far from an expert in determining grades.

I personally would probably hold half. I don't think you'll go wrong. They seem to increase in value. 10 years ago, I would have never guessed people would be selling plain Wheat Rolls for $5. Someday they won't make pennies anymore, so that should help with interest too.

Any other luck with you CL Pennies listing?
 
SEANO said:
I personally would probably hold half. I don't think you'll go wrong. They seem to increase in value. 10 years ago, I would have never guessed people would be selling plain Wheat Rolls for $5. Someday they won't make pennies anymore, so that should help with interest too.

Any other luck with you CL Pennies listing?

Who's buying rolls of Wheats for $5 each? I've got about $50 face I'll sell them at 10 times face.

With that said, I'd probably keep 'em all. I'd be interested in buying a roll if you wanna sell, though. PM me.
 
wow! thats awesome! i will rarely get a circulated wheat from my boxes.....under 5 i think this year.....so nice score on the great price for uncirc pieces! keep it up and hh!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom