May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A response I made the other day regarding a bucket list thrift store find had me thinking what mine would be. Well here are my top ten. Aim high I always say! How about you?

1. Patek Watch
2. Rolex or Tudor watch
3. Diamond engagement ring over 1 carat
4. Electronic metal testing spectrometer
5. Major work of art. Picasso, Warhol etc.
6. Gold designer Belt Buckle
7. Omega speedmaster watch
8. Montblanc Meisterstruk pen
9. Cloisonné Vase -fine one in blue
10. Chihuly art glass piece

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
good list! I found a few things on your list in the past.

My list, not in order:
18K Tiffany anything, preferably with diamonds
Platinum anything, but would love a bracelet, again, with diamonds
white gold watch, with diamonds, but not wind up, battery
a large diamond (a jeweler friend found one in a jar once!)
14K gold and angel skin coral necklace or brooch ... to sell, not keep
Something really old and really valuable, again, to sell, not keep

I don't know what else. Basically, I am pretty happy with almost everything I find. I didn't realize how much I wanted it until I got it. I trade a lot of stuff that I can't sell for something I can either sell or keep for myself.

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good list! I found a few things on your list in the past.

My list, not in order:
18K Tiffany anything, preferably with diamonds
Platinum anything, but would love a bracelet, again, with diamonds
white gold watch, with diamonds, but not wind up, battery
a large diamond (a jeweler friend found one in a jar once!)
14K gold and angel skin coral necklace or brooch ... to sell, not keep
Something really old and really valuable, again, to sell, not keep

I don't know what else. Basically, I am pretty happy with almost everything I find. I didn't realize how much I wanted it until I got it. I trade a lot of stuff that I can't sell for something I can either sell or keep for myself.

Great list. I am always willing to trade for nice men's watches if you want.

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Great list. I am always willing to trade for nice men's watches if you want.

You're gonna have to fight Beachkid for them. Sorry! But you can have second dibs on what he doesn't want.

One of my best finds was a 14K 1943 Rolex. I posted it here, but I had to take the pictures down, cuz the buyer asked me to. I think it was 2 or 3 years ago.

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're gonna have to fight Beachkid for them. Sorry! But you can have second dibs on what he doesn't want.

One of my best finds was a 14K 1943 Rolex. I posted it here, but I had to take the pictures down, cuz the buyer asked me to. I think it was 2 or 3 years ago.
I would have loved to seen the 1943 Rolex. I am in the process of buying two WWII Rolexes from a friend. They were his Dad's and uncles. Stay tuned. I don't mind fighting Beachkid for them. I have s stockpile of great stuff to trade.

FriscoT06

May 2, 2011
Hatteras Island, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II (retired), Minelab X-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
1. Large silver platter (found 8" plate)
2. Silver trophy
3. Full set of silverware (found 5 pieces once)
4. Silver men's concho belt
5. Gold men's belt buckle (found a silver one)
6. Silver bell
7. Men's cast silver tufa cuff
8. Something big, brass or sturdy from a ship or shipwreck (got an 1808 East India Co 10 cash coin from the 1809 wreck of the Admiral Gardner for 10 cents!)
9. Colonial brass navigation instrument
10. Silver cocktail shaker/flask/shotglasses/jigger/other barware.

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have loved to seen the 1943 Rolex. I am in the process of buying two WWII Rolexes from a friend. They were his Dad's and uncles. Stay tuned. I don't mind fighting Beachkid for them. I have s stockpile of great stuff to trade.

Here are the Rolex watches. They are in my possession now. I'm selling the smaller one with the white dial but I'm trying to work out a deal to keep the pilot watch. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1505958299.800803.jpg

kali_is_my_copilot

Feb 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great question! I actually found several of my bucket list items last year/early this year, including a loaded James Avery charm bracelet ($4.99!!! and all 11 charms were retired), a solid gold charm bracelet ($8, all 14k & 18k) and a substantial piece of SW silver ($8.50 I think, a concho link belt set with a different type of turquoise on each link).

My remaining white whales:

-a full sterling flatware set
-silver tea service
-a really massive chunk of solid gold chain, necklace or bracelet doesn't matter
-a big John Hardy piece
-a large old James Avery piece
-something made by Paul Revere

Also I don't know if this really counts but my late grandmother was an incredibly talented & prolific tole painter who gave away many of her creations over the last three decades, especially small things like Christmas ornaments. I check the signature on any piece of tole art I find in the wild because I think it would be so awesome to randomly find something that she made years ago.

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great question! I actually found several of my bucket list items last year/early this year, including a loaded James Avery charm bracelet ($4.99!!! and all 11 charms were retired), a solid gold charm bracelet ($8, all 14k & 18k) and a substantial piece of SW silver ($8.50 I think, a concho link belt set with a different type of turquoise on each link).

My remaining white whales:

-a full sterling flatware set
-silver tea service
-a really massive chunk of solid gold chain, necklace or bracelet doesn't matter
-a big John Hardy piece
-a large old James Avery piece
-something made by Paul Revere

Also I don't know if this really counts but my late grandmother was an incredibly talented & prolific tole painter who gave away many of her creations over the last three decades, especially small things like Christmas ornaments. I check the signature on any piece of tole art I find in the wild because I think it would be so awesome to randomly find something that she made years ago.
That is a great list. Paul Revere? I thought I was aiming high! I did get that huge John Hardy pebble Link necklace a few years ago. I recall you commented on it. It is not impossible to find family pieces. I found my grandfather's business sign from the 1920s on eBay last year. Good luck to you.

Indigo Knight

Aug 10, 2017
Southern New England, USA
Primary Interest:
Other
2. Rolex or Tudor watch
8. Montblanc Meisterstruk pen

I've actually found both of those at garage sales and for the most part I can't compete with you regulars in the jewelry/watch department, so I've got a minor accomplisment there! I found a ladies self-winding rolex in a box of other items. I paid $10 for the whole lot and sold the watch cheap to a friend. I found a sterling Montblanc pen set complete with the box and paperwork for $5 and sold it for $850 on eBay.

Here's my bucket list:

1) XRF gun
2) platinum or paladium jewelry
3) large stash of silver coins or bars
4) diamond
5) something to send to a high end auction house or sell to a museum
7) human skull
8) rocket launcher (will also settle for flamethrower)
9) black lotus (will also settle for any power nine or other vintage power cards)
10) true love

The last one is a bit of a stretch as far as garage sales or thrift stores are concerned, but this is a bucket list after all, and one has to keep an open mind at all times. I might as well add "inner peace" and a "meaningful and fulfilling existence" as well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread