What's new

buckle and a heel plate?

castletonking

Full Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2011
Messages
245
Reaction score
16
Golden Thread
0
Location
castleton vt.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have posted these before,but my pictures werent too good.I'm not sure if this is a shoe buckle piece,it has traces of silver remaining on it. and if the iron piece is a heel plate.
 

Attachments

  • img044.webp
    img044.webp
    40.7 KB · Views: 207
  • img043.webp
    img043.webp
    49.5 KB · Views: 177
Yep,its an iron heel plate,I have dug em just like it
 
Upvote 0
kuger said:
Yep,its an iron heel plate,I have dug em just like it
it was found in a mound of soil abutting a long forgotten about cellar hole,that i dont believe has ever been searched.there is a massive maple growing out of the center of it lol any idea of a time period when this might have been from?
 
Upvote 0
castletonking said:
kuger said:
Yep,its an iron heel plate,I have dug em just like it
it was found in a mound of soil abutting a long forgotten about cellar hole,that i dont believe has ever been searched.there is a massive maple growing out of the center of it lol any idea of a time period when this might have been from?

Thats hard to say.....I know the sites I have dug them didnt see much activity past say 1865?
 
Upvote 0
kuger said:
castletonking said:
kuger said:
Yep,its an iron heel plate,I have dug em just like it
it was found in a mound of soil abutting a long forgotten about cellar hole,that i dont believe has ever been searched.there is a massive maple growing out of the center of it lol any idea of a time period when this might have been from?

Thats hard to say.....I know the sites I have dug them didnt see much activity past say 1865?
thats awsome,judging by the condition of the hole and it seems untouched,thats great.thanks for the info. i think i need to detect there again
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom