What's new

Buckle and button(?)

mile-ender

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2009
Messages
472
Reaction score
26
Golden Thread
0
Location
Lower Canada
Detector(s) used
BountyHunter fast tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pulled these out today and was wondering what y'all can tell me about 'em. The round piece w/ the flags I'm guessing is a part of a button, (but what's the significance?)
 

Attachments

  • Shtuff 027.webp
    Shtuff 027.webp
    43.4 KB · Views: 216
  • Shtuff 028.webp
    Shtuff 028.webp
    46.6 KB · Views: 146
  • Shtuff 029.webp
    Shtuff 029.webp
    21.2 KB · Views: 194
Button might be WWI. Lots of patriotic French Canadian songs in that era too. They don't sing those anymore. :dontknow: :icon_scratch: :laughing7:
 
Upvote 0
The buckle appears to be another variety of a false two piece.Whether or not it had a Naval affiliation......I dunno?I cant give you a time frame because it they span such a wide range.Very cool though!! :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
I think the buckle is early 1900, civilian coiled rope & anchor motif
 
Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
I think the buckle is ealy 1900, civilian coiled rope & anchor motif

Sounds logical,and also semi fits Lucas's assumption
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom