Lost Signal

Mar 5, 2019
Lowcountry SC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Garrett 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
mbcuce had to get ready for a wedding, and all I had for the afternoon was a dropped musket ball. While he and awdw were digging their last signals, I stepped into the woods right next to where we parked. Eight feet from the truck I found a shoe buckle and an unusual d-ring.

I'm curious about the brass d-ring. The prongs protruding from the sides make it seem like it had a specialized function. If anyone has any ideas....

IMG_1079.jpg
IMG_1080.JPG
IMG_1082.JPG

Thanks for looking.

Upvote 16

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My gut feeling is that its 'not' a buckle, just not sure of its function.

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very cool finds- Congrats!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice relics, thank you for sharing! :occasion14:

OP
OP
Lost Signal

Lost Signal

Mar 5, 2019
Lowcountry SC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Garrett 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My gut feeling is that its 'not' a buckle, just not sure of its function.

The three of us were standing around the tailgate puzzling over this thing, and I said "well, CRUSADER will know what it is." So, this means it's probably going to remain a mystery.

I'm guessing it relates to some kind of farm implement. Maybe the rounded end passed through a slot in a piece of wood, and the knobs on each side kept it from going all of the way through. The "ring" would protrude from one side and a place for a strap would be exposed on the other. Now, what you would do with that...I have no idea.

The shoe buckle was a nice find, anyway. I didn't have one like it in my collection.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The three of us were standing around the tailgate puzzling over this thing, and I said "well, CRUSADER will know what it is." So, this means it's probably going to remain a mystery.

I'm guessing it relates to some kind of farm implement. Maybe the rounded end passed through a slot in a piece of wood, and the knobs on each side kept it from going all of the way through. The "ring" would protrude from one side and a place for a strap would be exposed on the other. Now, what you would do with that...I have no idea.

The shoe buckle was a nice find, anyway. I didn't have one like it in my collection.
Cool looking mystery, & yes that buckle is a great find, I need a whole one of that type.

mbcuce

Jan 6, 2019
SC Lowcountry
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400; Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think it had to be part of a two part guide of some sort and it was hinged at the two stub outs.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread