What's new

Buckle? For Man or Beast?

  • Thread starter Thread starter TreasurdiggrNY
  • Start date Start date
T

TreasurdiggrNY

Guest
I dug this the other day. All I did to this piece was run it under the faucet to get the dirt off. It was down deep, I almost gave up on it twice. It was found in mud next to a spring in the woods. What was it used for and how old is it? Thanks for the help.
Glenn
 

Attachments

  • 3rdhunt1stsite110287V 017.webp
    3rdhunt1stsite110287V 017.webp
    58.2 KB · Views: 581
  • 3rdhunt1stsite110287V 025.webp
    3rdhunt1stsite110287V 025.webp
    48.4 KB · Views: 559
I can't comment on age but I can on beauty - and that buckle is a real beaut :headbang: :hello2: :notworthy: :occasion18:
Good on you for persevering with the dig - and the fact you found it where you did in the first place :thumbsup:

I hope it's Banner worthy, 'cos it would look good up there
Bring on the experts.

Mike
 
Upvote 0
Nice buckle! Good condition too...
 
Upvote 0
looks like a shoe buckle to me. very nice find!
 
Upvote 0
Very nice shoe buckle,,, I would ball park it at---1830-1860. Extremely interesting.

Hope this helps....

Regards Simon....
 
Upvote 0
hollowpointred said:
looks like a shoe buckle to me. very nice find!

SimonLakeSub said:
Very nice shoe buckle,,, I would ball park it at---1830-1860. Extremely interesting.

Hope this helps....

Regards Simon....

I agree its a shoe buckle, although I think it maybe 1790s.
 
Upvote 0
Thanks for all the nice replies everyone and to Simon and CRUSADER for the ID :thumbsup:
Glenn
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom