What's new

buckle from 1700's site - what type?

CAP

Full Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2003
Messages
129
Reaction score
110
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hometown USA
Detector(s) used
XLT, ATPro, Tesoro Silver S., White's TM 800, Makro MultiKruzer, XP Deus II, Nokta Pulse Dive
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dug this buckle from a site that has produced a lot of mid 1700's artifacts, musketballs etc.
This little buckle was almost completely encased in a small tree root with only the ends showing.
took a soaking overnight in water and several minutes of cutting and gouging to uncover it.
I appreciate any input as to what type of buckle it may be!
 

Attachments

  • buckle bottom view.webp
    buckle bottom view.webp
    34.9 KB · Views: 109
  • buckle side view.webp
    buckle side view.webp
    11.7 KB · Views: 125
  • buckle with dimension.webp
    buckle with dimension.webp
    25.5 KB · Views: 115
Looks like a shoe buckle or knee buckle
 
Upvote 0
My guess is that it is either pants waist strap buckle or a suspender buckle, but I am leaning towards the suspender theory because of its size an the three prongs.
 
Upvote 0
Thats a cool relic
 
Upvote 0
Trouser waist adjuster buckle. 19th C.
 
Upvote 0
Trouser waist adjuster buckle. 19th C.

Being 1 1/2" in width I leaned more to it being a suspender strap buckle rather than a pants buckle. I always though pants strap buckles were smaller, falling in the 1 inch width range.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom