What's new

Buckle help please...

Bunker

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2010
Messages
562
Reaction score
77
Golden Thread
0
Location
St. Pete, Fl
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / Etrac / T2se / Blisstool V5
Pistol Probe / Pro Pointer / VibraProbe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all,
Found this buckle today in an older part of St. Pete. Not sure the age. Very thin as seen in the pix below with the barber dime next to it on edge. Great patina and edge work. No markings. About 3 inches by 2 inches.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Bunker
 

Attachments

  • b6.webp
    b6.webp
    191.3 KB · Views: 103
  • b1.webp
    b1.webp
    90.3 KB · Views: 95
  • b2.webp
    b2.webp
    76.6 KB · Views: 102
  • b5.webp
    b5.webp
    136.8 KB · Views: 110
The buckle is very thin for it's size. Too thin, I think, to actually take any stress. I'm guessing this is a fashion or costume buckle. Maybe mid 20th C? :dontknow:

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
I gotta go with Matt, seems like it would'nt last too long in actual use, I'd say costume.....HH
 
Upvote 0
Thanks for the input. I too was a little leery of the thickness. It is pretty sturdy but like you said, under pressure who knows. The age is what has got me stumped, guess it is one of those...never know for sure.
HH,
Bunker
 
Upvote 0
this is just a guess! It looks old and with it as thin as it is would makes sense that weight would be an issue where ever it was worn.
 

Attachments

  • hat.webp
    hat.webp
    2.9 KB · Views: 218
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom