What's new

Buckle I.D.

routefood

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2017
Messages
63
Reaction score
155
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I.D. Help
This rang up a 29 on my Equinox 600 while detecting a 1780 property. Could it be horse tack?
Thanks in advance.
John in S.E. PA
 

Attachments

  • 20260917_160719.webp
    20260917_160719.webp
    750.6 KB · Views: 24
Upvote 6
Nice one !
 
Nice piece, well made. Looks like a harness buckle. I bet it gave a big signal!
 
Yes, it looks like a horse tack buckle. Neat find.
 
Yes the off-set centre bar is for thick leather straps on horse tack. They didn't change them much for many years, mostly made of brass. Could be late 19th C to mid 20th C.
 
I.D. Help
This rang up a 29 on my Equinox 600 while detecting a 1780 property. Could it be horse tack?
Thanks in advance.
John in S.E. PA
Nice!!! Congrats!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom