What's new

Buckle ID Needed

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
Joined
May 23, 2009
Messages
1,455
Reaction score
267
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I found this buckle yesterday in the field. What kind of buckle is it and how old? :dontknow: :icon_scratch:

Thanks for any help!

Kirk :hello:
 

Attachments

  • DSCF3855.webp
    DSCF3855.webp
    20.7 KB · Views: 287
  • DSCF3856.webp
    DSCF3856.webp
    23.1 KB · Views: 279
Lucas said:
Stamped brass = not that old. :(

I figured. Well, into the trash it goes!

Kirk
 
Upvote 0
I dont know what old is to you but they were stamping brass buckles in the 1850's!!!how many you wanna see??
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
kuger said:
I dont know what old is to you but they were stamping brass buckles in the 1850's!!!how many you wanna see??

I am aware of 2-piece buckles and powder flasks. Context is everything. Cast and die stamped is not the same as a plain buckle pressed out of sheet brass. Plain buckles of your era were mostly just cast? Much cheaper at that time.

Do you see brass tongues or iron for 1850's? Thanks. :read2: :help:
 
Upvote 0
Quote:Do you see brass tongues or iron for 1850's?

Sure do,more cast brass than the stamped brass actually....not on my puter or I would show ya a couple :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom