What's new

Buckle info needed, repost from saturday with different title.

stratos

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
51
Reaction score
201
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southern Michigan
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello fellow historians, between work and fishing I get about 5 hrs a week. So I waited until I had a few things. The one thing in the pic that I am hoping you guys can shed some light on is the buckle.
It was found on a farm that has been in that family since the late 1800's. On the back it is stamped ENGLAND. be safe in your travels.
 

Attachments

  • 4 2015 f.webp
    4 2015 f.webp
    371.4 KB · Views: 125
  • 4 2015 b.webp
    4 2015 b.webp
    161.1 KB · Views: 111
Upvote 8
Some of the old buckles posted lately make me wonder on their history. That one is really old if I AM GUESSING RIGHT.
 
Looks like a common horse tack buckle made after the tariff act of 1891. Could be much newer, into the 1950s. I have purchased new brass buckles marked "England" in the 1970s and they will still be found with such a mark today. I like the little indian which looks like it may be a neckerchief slide.
 
Yeap, horse harness buckle, note the off-set bar for thick leather.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom