What's new

Buckle Silver spoon and Silver Dunno

m.langlois

Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2011
Messages
91
Reaction score
98
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you for looking!!!
Today I pulled three keepers
Shoe Buckle, Silver Spoon and a silver ???

It looks like it migh have held box matches, but I'm not sure.
Any Ideas?
 

Attachments

  • Digs 003.webp
    Digs 003.webp
    209.9 KB · Views: 154
  • Digs 008.webp
    Digs 008.webp
    381.2 KB · Views: 155
  • sterlingDunno.webp
    sterlingDunno.webp
    8.3 KB · Views: 139
  • dunnoSide.webp
    dunnoSide.webp
    52.3 KB · Views: 142
Upvote 2
Whatever that silver object is it's interesting and has some initials on it too.
 
Yes I believe you are correct , this was to hold a small cardboard matchbox - the opening on the side accommodates the striker surface .
 
Thank you for the replies.
Yes the initials on the front are FHK (assuming owners)
And there are hallmarks on it.
One is an anchor (I believe that means Birmingham)
I can't make out the others until i clean it.
 
Yeap match holder, nice to get it in silver!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom