What's new

Buckle yes... but what for? or is it? Colonial? Victorian?

chukers

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
1,824
Reaction score
147
Golden Thread
0
Location
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a square 2"x2" (almost) copper buckle? Pin? Something...

It has a very neat intricate design...

Age?

What was it used for?

Oh BTW do I post too many of these? I find lots of trinkets....

Chukers
 

Attachments

  • Square buckle.webp
    Square buckle.webp
    96.4 KB · Views: 298
  • Square buckle2.webp
    Square buckle2.webp
    114.5 KB · Views: 293
Re: Buckle yes... but what for? or is it?

Do I dare say colonial? I am not in the right area for that but its possible I guess...


Chukers
 
Upvote 0
Re: Buckle yes... but what for? or is it?

shoe buckle* would be my guess or other colonail era type looking buckle
 
Upvote 0
Re: Buckle yes... but what for? or is it?

Victorian silver plate, probably a lady's sash buckle.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Buckle yes... but what for? or is it?

I can't really tell if it's a buckle or a pin made to look like a buckle but I agree with Lucas on it being Victorian.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Buckle yes... but what for? or is it?

I guess a pin. I think I can see where the steel pin was located at the bottom of the second picture.

Chip V.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Buckle yes... but what for? or is it?

You can never post too many items to identify.We're like vampires in a blood bank for this stuff! :headbang:
 
Upvote 0
Re: Buckle yes... but what for? or is it?

Dano Sverige said:
You can never post too many items to identify.We're like vampires in a blood bank for this stuff! :headbang:

I assumed that... but I don't want to over stay my welcome so to speak.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Buckle yes... but what for? or is it?

Victorian era 1831-1901?
Colonial Era 1500- 1754?

If so then this thing can't be Colonial... I found it in Texas.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Buckle yes... but what for? or is it?

Early 1900's... Size would determine what it is. Aprox 2x2 = Probably ladies belt buckle.
DG
 
Upvote 0
Re: Buckle yes... but what for? or is it?

chukers said:
Victorian era 1831-1901?
Colonial Era 1500- 1754?

If so then this thing can't be Colonial... I found it in Texas.
Actually those type of Buckles date back to the 15th century and into the 16th century, so might well be :)

SS
 
Upvote 0
Re: Buckle yes... but what for? or is it?

That is a nice buckle :icon_thumleft: looks colonial design to me Great find Dd60
 
Upvote 0
Re: Buckle yes... but what for? or is it?

I'm in the Vicky camp :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
Re: Buckle yes... but what for? or is it?

Anyone notice the faces in the corners?
 

Attachments

  • face.webp
    face.webp
    35.8 KB · Views: 152
Upvote 0
humm upon farther review --two mounting connect spots of one side with one on the other side -- gotta go with a swinging pin and clasp type arragement * upon farther veiw --thus changing it to victorian area type broach or pin of sorts. ;D
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom