invent4hir
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Aug 1, 2017
- Messages
- 2,322
- Reaction score
- 3,900
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Detector(s) used
- Whites V3i & DFX
- Primary Interest:
- Other
All, please educate me. Every so often I see a post on TNet saying buckles with a tongue fixed in the center didn't appear before the late 19th - early 20th century. Yet, the attachment shows such buckles in 3 different books with that feature before the late 19th century - in some cases hundreds of years before. So, are these books incorrect?
Note: Because this isn't a "What is it?" topic I originally posted this in the Buckles forum. I re-posted here because it didn't get any responses there and usually the topic comes up here.
Note: Because this isn't a "What is it?" topic I originally posted this in the Buckles forum. I re-posted here because it didn't get any responses there and usually the topic comes up here.







